Injured Fish (with Video)

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by benandjerry, Apr 24, 2018.

1. benandjerryNew MemberMember

So yesterday I posted about my injured black moor. He swam up into the filter Sunday morning and his face is super messed up. He hasn’t eaten since. I went to the store after work and got clove oil to euthanize him, but when I got home from work he actually looked a lot better. His mouth is able to open and close and one of his eyes has improved. I put him in a separate container away from competition and put some flakes in. I figure that would be easier for him to eat than pellets. And yes, I’m aware that that’s way too much food, but if he started to eat I was going to take him out. He is taking little bits but then spitting them back out.

So now I have a choice to make. Do I use the clove oil to euthanize him or use the Melafix I got and see if he gets better. Here’s a video of him trying to eat right now:

2. puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

im pretty sure melafix is complety useless

3. sylvieNew MemberMember

Your fish looks like it could make a full recovery. I almost euthanized mine that had a serious injury, but I'm glad I didn't because months later she's doing fine. I would recommend aquarium salt to heal the fins and other injuries. Here's a picture of my fish with its entire eye literally hanging out of its body, and a picture of her healed. Fish really are amazingly resilient. I would not euthanize. 20180312_115101.jpgIMG_20180328_181202_434.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice