Injured Fish (with Video)

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by benandjerry, Apr 24, 2018.

1. benandjerry

benandjerryNew MemberMember

So yesterday I posted about my injured black moor. He swam up into the filter Sunday morning and his face is super messed up. He hasn’t eaten since. I went to the store after work and got clove oil to euthanize him, but when I got home from work he actually looked a lot better. His mouth is able to open and close and one of his eyes has improved. I put him in a separate container away from competition and put some flakes in. I figure that would be easier for him to eat than pellets. And yes, I’m aware that that’s way too much food, but if he started to eat I was going to take him out. He is taking little bits but then spitting them back out.

So now I have a choice to make. Do I use the clove oil to euthanize him or use the Melafix I got and see if he gets better. Here’s a video of him trying to eat right now:

2. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

im pretty sure melafix is complety useless

3. sylvie

sylvieNew MemberMember

Your fish looks like it could make a full recovery. I almost euthanized mine that had a serious injury, but I'm glad I didn't because months later she's doing fine. I would recommend aquarium salt to heal the fins and other injuries. Here's a picture of my fish with its entire eye literally hanging out of its body, and a picture of her healed. Fish really are amazingly resilient. I would not euthanize. 20180312_115101.jpgIMG_20180328_181202_434.jpg