Injured Fish - Help

wpascarelli

Reaction score
Today I went to feed my fish and I found that my big old man Bosmani Rainbow was stuck inside a large decoration somehow that he never tried to go in before. He must have accidentally squeezed and slipped himself inside and was unable to get out. He seemed to be trying to force himself out of a different hole that is too small for an extended period of time. I saved him and he is actually swimming around and acting almost completely normal just a few minutes later. However, he does have a couple of small areas where his scales are pretty badly scraped up from trying to get out of the small hole. What should I do? Do I need to get some sort of medicine or natural remedy and apply it to him?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just make sure the water is clean. Clean water promotes healthy healing.

wpascarelli

Reaction score
DutchAquarium said:
add garlic to his food to boost his immune system and i would also add in some indian almond leaves which are an anti fungal. They work very well and are highly recommended.
Thanks for the responses. He eats flake/crisp type food and sometimes bloodworms or brine shrimp, typically all of my fish just eat from this same food. How would I administer the garlic is it liquid or powder that I can just add to the food and all the fish will eat it? Or do I have to just administer these ingredients to the Bosmani only?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All the fish will benefit from the garlic, ther'e are garlic foods out there, or you could get a liquid garlic also usually found at your lfs.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You don't need salt, and you don't need garlic. He should heal on with clean water - you can do a few extra water changes for the next week or two.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom