Injured Cory

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Help! One of my brother’s bronze cory got trapped behind his internal filtration unit while a large water change was being done. It’s still alive, and really stressed out. What should we do to help this guy? He’s got a small blemish on his head, probably from being trapped.

@Gypsy13
    Can you help this little guy?

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

I’d say clean water and watch the fish very carefully for signs of fungus or bacteria.

3. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

He did the water change today, so we’re good.
    I hope he doesn’t die.

4. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

Hey. They’re tough little guys. Like 75g Discus says, clean water and watch closely. If it starts swimming funny, swelling (especially the eyes), stops eating or starts getting fuzzy then it’s something to worry about. But clean water is the best medicine. Keep us posted? Please?

5. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

Ill keep you posted :)
    He’s doing okay so far, swimming slowly.

6. Gypsy13

Head injuries are the scariest. You don’t notice any kind of distortion or swelling on his head? That’s the hardest part. Waiting. Watch his eyes. Truly our only window into their little heads without X-ray. Keep watching and updating. I trust your eyes. It’s just one of those situations where you don’t want to add stress by netting to dab the wound because you don’t know how bad the head injury is. Poor little guy:(

7. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

He’s alive, and doing just fine! I am happy to see he’s schooling with the others :)

8. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm sad I wasn't mentioned. Other than doubledutch, I have lots of experience with cories. Any pictures of the improvements? Glad to hear he's better!

9. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

I know you do, and sorry about that. I was in a hurry, and forgot to mention you. I can’t get a picture, the lights are off for the night. I will get a good photo tomorrow.

10. Sarah73

For some reason I only realized that I'm mentioned when I'm on my computer... ugh! And it's alright. Sounds great to!

11. Gypsy13

I’m starting a list so I can remember who knows what. :)

12. Gypsy13

YAY! That’s a wonderful update. Thank you!:)

13. Sarah73

Haha stalker...no jk I've done that too. Just not on fishlore as much. I already have my forth generation of eggs. 4 days old.

14. Gypsy13

My hubby doesn’t understand why my little girl went from beachball to all of the corys looking well fed. I didn’t have the heart to tell him where the eggs went. :( but I’m not looking for more. Yet. Lol

15. Sarah73

JAJA! well each female can lay up to 100 eggs each month ;). Here's the egg barring female. 20180616_145412.jpg