Injured cory help!!

RebeccaWinkler

hi, I just found one of my albino corys stuck in my sponge filter. He appears to have injured his side and it’s red like it’s been/is bleeding. I think I found him pretty early as he’s still relative active but seemed to be stuck on the filter. I’ve isolated him but what can I do to help? Can I use API aquarium salt to help with healing? Is all I can do wait and see if he makes it? Thank you so much for any help!!

Attachments

• 2E6DC8DE-5E69-404B-B230-B0F375C4A0F5.jpeg
    2E6DC8DE-5E69-404B-B230-B0F375C4A0F5.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 13
  • FFBB49EF-C99C-4DD6-AFD4-1B40B6813202.jpeg
    FFBB49EF-C99C-4DD6-AFD4-1B40B6813202.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 14
  • FD5E58A2-FC20-4B0D-90EC-7CF791C38926.jpeg
    FD5E58A2-FC20-4B0D-90EC-7CF791C38926.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 13

mattgirl

The best thing you can do for something like this is to keep the water as fresh and clean as you can. I am sure any of us that have had corys have at one time or another had one stuck somewhere it shouldn't be. Mine was inside a piece of decor. It took us quite a while to gently get the little guy back out of there. It went on to live for many years after that ordeal. Keep the little guy with its friends. Isolation can cause stress and stress can cause illness.

RebeccaWinkler

The best thing you can do for something like this is to keep the water as fresh and clean as you can. I am sure any of us that have had corys have at one time or another had one stuck somewhere it shouldn't be. Mine was inside a piece of decor. It took us quite a while to gently get the little guy back out of there. It went on to live for many years after that ordeal. Keep the little guy with its friends. Isolation can cause stress and stress can cause illness.
Yeah they do certainly like to get stuck placed they shouldn’t haha should I release him back into the tank then? I’m not sure I have another tub bug enough for all six corries. Not sure how closely I’ll be able to monitor him in the main tank that’s the only issue really s

mattgirl

Yeah they do certainly like to get stuck placed they shouldn’t haha should I release him back into the tank then? I’m not sure I have another tub bug enough for all six corries. Not sure how closely I’ll be able to monitor him in the main tank that’s the only issue really s
I would just put him back in his original home. Since it is just an injury instead of an illness we don't have to be worried about him passing anything on to the others. I feel sure he will heal quicker if he is kept comfortable.

RebeccaWinkler

I would just put him back in his original home. Since it is just an injury instead of an illness we don't have to be worried about him passing anything on to the others. I feel sure he will heal quicker if he is kept comfortable.
Okay I’ll do that thank you for your help

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
Randomfishlover
Replies