Injured Balloon Molly

Tony_P

One of my balloon mollies -- the one in the upper right hand corner

View media item 250316
had a bit of a run-in with the filter intake. Initially my wife and I thought it was dead and stuck to the filter, but when I freed it with the net, it first sank to the bottom and then straightened up a bit dazed and began swimming in an almost drunken fashion. I watched it throughout the day and it is swimming and eating. It looks like one of its pectoral fins may have been damaged which is why it is swimming a bit crooked at times.

Not sure what I can do for it apart from nature letting it takes its course. BTW -- we have a particular attraction to this one because it has a bit a smushed in nose like it ran into a wall

Tony

emeraldking

Well, if it swims and eats well, I would let this fish stay in there. Usually, when a fish got sucked into something and when it's freed, the hump that they've got because of this won't change anymore. The fish can still be healthy though...

Tony_P

Well, if it swims and eats well, I would let this fish stay in there.

Mid-day yesterday it got stuck again, I think because it is a bit weak. Hurting from the injury, maybe? So I put my breeder box in the tank and put it in the box to isolate it. I have made certain that it gets a bit of food while isolated. At times it seems to just hang there vertically/ nose down, its pectoral fins flapping a bit, but then it flips around to horizontal.

24 hours later it is still alive and seems a wee bit better.

Tony

Tony_P

As a follow up -- the little one didn't make it. RIP

Tony

Similar Aquarium Threads

• concernedmollyowner
  • Molly
Replies
Views
concernedmollyowner
Replies
Views