Injected co2 tanks and waterchanges

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
so.. how do you handle waterchanges with planted co2 tanks. i would assume changing the water just takes out all the co2 you injected for your plants. how do you do it?

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fahn said:
I just do water changes before my CO2 comes on. 50% weekly.
So you do them at night? The only way I understand CO2 is to run it when the lights which in my case it's from like 9 to 9 because I use a 24-hour light fixture

smee82

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I run my co2 24/7. It doesn't take lone for the levels to build back up

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
smee82 said:
I run my co2 24/7. It doesn't take lone for the levels to build back up
These fluval cartridges are huge rip-off but they're all I got right now Id prefer to use them strategically

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nickguy5467 said:
So you do them at night? The only way I understand CO2 is to run it when the lights which in my case it's from like 9 to 9 because I use a 24-hour light fixture
My CO2 doesn't turn on until 2pm (lights on at 3pm) each day, so I do them before lunch lol.

My lighting period is 3pm to 10pm.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fahn said:
My CO2 doesn't turn on until 2pm (lights on at 3pm) each day, so I do them before lunch lol.

My lighting period is 3pm to 10pm.
perhaps I should make some adjustments up until this point I've just let 24 hour mode Ryan and then I would just manually turn CO2 on when light was in the tank. Like real light none of that purple blue stuff that at night

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nickguy5467 said:
perhaps I should make some adjustments up until this point I've just let 24 hour mode Ryan and then I would just manually turn CO2 on when light was in the tank. Like real light none of that purple blue stuff that at night
Get everything on outlet timers. Not only does it save you a headache, but it keeps you from wasting CO2. You really don't need more than 8 hours of light per day.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fahn said:
Get everything on outlet timers. Not only does it save you a headache, but it keeps you from wasting CO2. You really don't need more than 8 hours of light per day.
I have a timer but I'm not sure what a 24-hour light considers to be light plants use. I guess I will actually be par. Whereas it's like 0 at midnight 60 around noon and so on so I just kind of leave it on. I'll just do what you're doing I guess. Try it out

smee82

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nickguy5467 said:
These fluval cartridges are huge rip-off but they're all I got right now Id prefer to use them strategically
I wouldnt run them 24/7 either.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom