Infusoria

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Betta Whisperer, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Betta Whisperer

Betta WhispererWell Known MemberMember

How long can infusoria last? If it's made with lettuce and water in a closed jar. Is there a time limit on how long it is nutritionaly good? I have some I started about three months ago and never used it or opened the jar. Would it still be good now? Would anything be living in it this old?

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

It's probably bad now especially since the jar was closed. I was told to remake it every week.
    Carol

3. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

How do you make Infusoria exactly?

4. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

throw a piece of lettuce, cut grass, zuchinni , whatever and some tank water ....set it near the window that gets the best lighting with a cover with holes poked in it (you need the oxygen ) and leave it be ....just dont smell it before using it ;D

5. Red1313

Hehe :p

Is it good for all fry? Any problems with it?

6. Shawnie

nope its great and cheap ;) if you google it, you can make it with a ton of different things.....i used it for all my fry as well as golden pearls, decapsulated shrimp eggs, and bbs ...

7. Red1313

Thanks Shawnie :)
    *sorry for the Hi-Jack Whisper :p*

8. OP
    OP
    Betta Whisperer

Thanks ok Red. Guess I'd better throw this one out/ That is if I can stand to open it. Must be pretty stinky by now.??? I never put holes in the lids before but I can start now. Thanks.

Oh shawnie. I don't know who to ask so as long as I have you here I'll ask you. I'm not receiving any of my emails from posting. What could be wrong with it?

9. Shawnie

you can go to my settings then on the left go to settings & options then edit options to make sure something wasnt unchecked

10. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

I was having the same problem. After checking to make sure I had it set up properly here I checked my computer. somehow they had been moved over into the blocked list. so check your computer if all is well here.
    Carol

11. OP
    OP
    Betta Whisperer

Shawnie. I checked there and everything looks ok. I don't know what's wrong. Guess I'll just have to keep checking in every day for posts. I'm still not getting any in my emails.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice