Information on tangs

lea1
Hi, I am so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. I was here in 2016 and I am lost. I am curious if anyone can suggest some references/resources/books on tangs? I cannot find much anywhere - books, etc. I am curious if anyone knows how many different types of tangs there are? Thank you! lea

NC122606
lea1 said:
Hi, I am so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. I was here in 2016 and I am lost. I am curious if anyone can suggest some references/resources/books on tangs? I cannot find much anywhere - books, etc. I am curious if anyone knows how many different types of tangs there are? Thank you! lea
Hey! There are tons of tangs! I’ll pm you with some resources I have found!

lea1 said:
Alright, so pm didn’t work because you don’t have 50 messages. Well I did fine this website that seems to have a lot of the info correct.

There are more fish profiles you will just need to take a look.

waterpat
"Surgeonfishes of the World" by John Randall is a good resource. It briefly covers all species. He even named several of the species.

Fishbase dot org is a good resource. Look under the genera Zebrasoma, Acanthurus, Ctenochaetus, and maybe Naso if you have a huge tank.

Any specific questions we can help with?

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom