Indonesian Biotope? 47G / 180L Help.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by BlackNotebookTanks, Jun 25, 2016.

1. BlackNotebookTanks

BlackNotebookTanksWell Known MemberMember

Hello all I'm thinking of dedicating my 47 gallon community tank to an Indonesian Biotope. Just thinking. Its mainly because I'm getting kuhli loaches, my favourite fish, and I want them to be as happy and comfortable as possible. I'm currently in the process of rehoming 5 Minnows and 6 female guppies (wrong temps for the Minnows, and sick of babies with the Gupps!)

What should I do? Should I go for a Biotope, or just a nicely aquascaped planted tank?

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

I like the idea of a biotope though they can be hard to do sometimes.
    There's some info on biotopes here

3. OP
    OP
    BlackNotebookTanks

Thanks Coradee!

4. Happy1234New MemberMember

Here is another site

5. Happy1234New MemberMember

For the bottom you could have kuhli loaches,the middle could have a school of harlequin rasboras and a pair of pearl gourami for the top.

6. OP
    OP
    BlackNotebookTanks

Already planning to get like 12 loaches - they are adorable! Harlequin rasboras and gouramis can be arranged thanks for the website too!

7. Happy1234New MemberMember

No problem.:)For the loaches you will need a smooth substrate, preferably sand, as they like to burrow. And yes, i agree, they are adorable:D

8. OP
    OP
    BlackNotebookTanks

I already have sand as the substrate - I began my tank with the kuhlis in mind.

9. Happy1234New MemberMember

Nice.:) Do post a picture when you are done:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice