Indian Redtail Squirrel Loaches? 60 Gallon Tank 

N0body Of The Goat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I was wondering if anyone has any of these interesting looking guys?
Are they more active than Kuhlis?
How have you found them in a community setup?

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Apparently they ony get to about 3 inches and like a good current in the tank....other than that they are cool looking fish. Usually a fish the is in high current flow areas need that for high oxygen requirements so you may have trouble in a slow moving hi temp tropical setup.

N0body Of The Goat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've currently got a Koralis 1 powerhead, in addition to an upgraded Juwel 1000 filter pump, which produces some decent water movement (although having now seen what the "1" rated at 1400lph does, I would be tempted to buy a 3000-3500lph additonal powerhead).

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ahhh, so what is good current flow??? Beats me!! I guess an area where fish have to noticably swim against the current??...lol

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
N0body Of The Goat said:
Are they more active than Kuhlis?
Is there anything more active than kuhlis? Mine are pretty nuts. And faaaaaaaaaaast! :;ufo

N0body Of The Goat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just a little update to say this species idea is on hold, at least for now, as I picked up 3 Panda Garra today

These guys have been great fun to watch, exploring the QT layout; climbing above the waterline to sit on the Juwel Compact container for a few seconds; jumping into the breeder net containing the Pearl Danio fry (thankfully not eacting them before gentle help out of there); eating food like they were starved in the LFS; "licking" the tank glass almost spotless of the fine layer of algae.

Quite amazed how they acclimitised almost immediately, unlike the 3 2" Dennisons Barb that came home with me today also, which are doing their usual stress paling. However, it was great to see them have a few mouthfuls of food too within 6 hours of coming home

N0body Of The Goat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well I'm still waiting confirmation, but in theory I will be receiving four Indian Red Tail Squirrels after all next Thursday!

A forum member couple at another site has a contract with Wholeasle Tropicals in Fareham (just down road from me) who do not deal directly with the public and they are travelling from London next week.

Really chuffed to bits, these guys look like fun with their digging antics and their "love hate realtionship" with each other!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm glad that you're glad.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads