Indian Glassfish

Twaksak

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all.

After paying a visit to the local pet store I found the most curious fish. An Indian Glass fish. I since read up about them here: https://www.fishlore.com/aquariummagazine/may08/glassfish.htm

After a recent post I have taken advice into re-populating my tank. I have a 10 gallon tank and have chosen fish that like company and do not grow very and also won't over populate my tank. My tank has adiquite hiding space.

My tank consists of:

2 x Fancy Guppies (Males)
2 x Mollies (one of which is an extremely energetic lil dalmatian Molly)
1 x Catfish
1 x Pleco (working on getting him a new home after reading that they outgrow the tank)

The community of fish that I have all swim together as if in a school and are all very active and energetic.

The profile of the glass fish didn't specifically mention if they would do well in a community fish tank. My question is: Would it be alright to introduce these amazing glass fish into my aquarium?

MizRamzi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've kept the India Glass fish for many years~have never kept them in Freshwater~brackish only~they are non aggressive, however I would be concerned with fin nipping with your guppies~also 6 fish in a 10 gallon is plenty.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You can get glass tetra that have not been injected with dye if that is the fish you really want. I have 2 of the dyed one and they seem healthy and happy and just like any other fish, but I won't get anymore just because of the dyeing thing. IMO it's wrong to put the little fish through that.

But I will tell you a pretty fish is the Black Neon Tetra. It isn't dyed in any way but it's a dark fish but its colors look like they glow when the light hits them.

Good luck with what every fish you get.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads