Indian Almond Leaves - Finally Here!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Water' started by Fanatic, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Hey everyone, some of you might remember the previous thread that I made about Indian Almond Leaves. I wanted to order some for my betta tank, to add tannins to the water, and I just got the shipment in! I currently have 1/4 of a leaf (still floating) that I put in my tank.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the leaf will do to the water, and it should improve my betta's health.

Fanatic, (my betta) is very healthy as it is, but you can't go wrong with adding an extra supplement to the water.

It's always been my preference to add tannins, and give extra privacy to my little guy! He's loving his tank, and has been since I bought him from PetCo on February 11th, when previously on February 8th, the day I lost beloved Luna...

Anyway, lets show some pictures to you guys, and see what you think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not focusing on that topic, but.

My anubias plant has been doing fine until now, and has killed itself all the way down to one tiny stick!
    It's got lighting, and it's planted correctly, many a time I had it anchored to my driftwood. I also have the same problem with my sword. It grows new leaves, but they are tiny and thin.

2. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

Unfortunately you forgot to add the pictures!

3. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

I know! I was busy at that time, and I'll have pictures to you guys as soon as I can! :)

4. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Still no pictures? I keep checking lol I just ordered some myself and they will be here Thursday.. pretty excited about it actually.

5. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Cool! I like leafs, I have a guava tree and I wanted to use those leafs for my dwarf corydoras when I try to spawn them. I am kind of scared to add them without knowing my pH, gH and kH tho, so I will have to get my water tested at the LFS.

6. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

Yeah, sorry about forgetting the pictures...

I just got a new snail yesterday! He's super awesome, pretty sure I got the best one in the store!
    I'll send pics of everything!

Pictures!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice