Indian Almond Leaves And Ph

atgill

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I heard all kinds of good things about IAL, including that they lower pH. Mine is 8, so I was hoping to lower it but I don’t want to shock him. Should I put in part of a leaf and slowly increase, or does it not change pH enough that I should be concerned about throwing a whole leaf in?

5 gallon, 78 F, ammonia 0/ nitrites 0/nitrates 5 if that helps

Thanks!

atgill

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! I’m glad the pH isn’t bad...I have the api kit but it doesn’t have kH I also have the tetra 5 in 1 strips which does have kH...it says 180 ppm

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The Bettas we see in stores are pretty far from their wild cousin, and a stable PH is much better than a fluctuating one.

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My PH is 8 as well... and IAL haven't done anything to move that, since my water is pretty hard. My betta likes to sit under the leaves when they're floating, or lay on them once they've sank. I agree with Aquatic J that a consistent PH is more important than having the 'ideal' number in this case. You can put a whole leaf in safely

Dingomama

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've been very happy with using IAL. My bettas are bubble-nesting like never before and they generally seem more vigorous. I hope you have great success!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom