Incredibly small organisms on tank glass?

eringrace

I've had my betta for about 8 months now, and today I was just looking at him in his tank and there are these so so small, white organisms on the tank glass. I know pictures help, but these are so small that focusing on them was impossible. They just quickly crawl around on the glass, and sometimes my betta will swim past them, knock them off the glass, and they'll swim right back to the glass as fast as possible. They don't look long enough (at least right now) to be a worm, but there are some small round ones with the small skinnier ones.
My betta lives in a 5 gallon tank, but it's only filled about three gallons full. I live in a college dorm, so I don't use the water in the building because its known to have major chemicals. I've tried to keep as much water before tank cleanings because it's hard to clean a tank in a dorm. He doesn't sit in direct sunlight because I've had major problems with algae before. The temp normally sits at 78.1 to 78.5 depending on the time of day, but he has a heater to make sure its constant. He doesn't have a filter, and I feel like it's a sin to not have one, so I apologize a little. I feed him the pellet type food, so he doesn't leave any food to sit in on the bottom of the tank. The organisms don't seem to bother him at all, and he hasn't had any energy or mood changes. He looks healthy and fine, but I'm worried for later if they turn out to be something weird. He also doesn't live with anything else, like a snail.
By no means am I a betta knowledge type person. I'm a college student who grew up with a lot of pets and was very lonely without at least one pet with me. It seems like I'm overreacting, so I'm sorry if I am. I just want some other advice. :)

richiep

They are either Copeapods or Seed shrimp or a mix of both is my guess, they don't look to be a worm.
Your betta should eat them so reduce his food for a day or so and see if there's a difference, they are harmlessbut some don't like to see them on the glass I've attached A photo of the two below so you can x reference

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Nicknok123
Replies
Views