Incredible! Blood Parrot And Firemouth Breeding?

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Many American cichlids have similar courting and breeding behaviors so different species will often pair up and lay eggs. Hard to say if the eggs will hatch or even if any fry will survive, just wait and see I guess. There's a good chance the female blood parrot laid infertile eggs, in which case you will get no fry.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It's usually the male parrots who are infertile, and I've actually seen a parrot/firemouth cross. Interesting looking fish lol..

ILLBETHEJUDGE

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am eager to see what happens. How long would it take for the eggs to hatch?

ILLBETHEJUDGE

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SFGiantsGuy said:
Angelfish tend to do that sometimes as well. The eggs end up being mostly left alone, or infertile.
I hope i can see some fry.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well it may or may not hatch. Colouration of the eggs will suggest if they are fertile or not!

I would also suggest documenting this with pics, it would ve incredibly informative to the fishlore community.

ILLBETHEJUDGE

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aussieJJDude said:
Well it may or may not hatch. Colouration of the eggs will suggest if they are fertile or not!

I would also suggest documenting this with pics, it would ve incredibly informative to the fishlore community.
well now there is only like 10 to 15 eggs and they like white so if i am not mistaking it means they won't hatch right?

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ILLBETHEJUDGE said:
well now there is only like 10 to 15 eggs and they like white so if i am not mistaking it means they won't hatch right?
Yeah, im bot expert on some of the american cichlids (like firemouths) but i believe fertilized eggs are normally cream or orange coloured.

ILLBETHEJUDGE

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aussieJJDude said:
Yeah, im bot expert on some of the american cichlids (like firemouths) but i believe fertilized eggs are normally cream or orange coloured.
how long should it take for the eggs to hatch? if they are fertile of course?

ILLBETHEJUDGE

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sad to said that it looks like the parents eat all the eggs because i went to check this morning and they were none whatsoever.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom