Inconceivable!

1. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I'm watching The Princess Bride! Best movie ever! =D

"He did FALL!!!? Inconceivable!"
    "You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I am the goon squad!

3. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

Hello, My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

Have you read the book? it is HILARIOUS!!!

4. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam... cracks me up every time...

5. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I have read the book,several times.
    And watched the movie, dozens of times.
    And have autographs from most of the cast.

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I'm reading it now, yes. I'm at the part where Inigo and Westley are dueling. I'm reading "The Good Parts" condensed version. Its the movie, in book form, basically lol

7. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

I will eventually get the
    "HELLO
    My name is Inigo Montoya..." T-shirt.

8. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

Is it ACTUALLY a condensed form? cause the original book has you believe that it IS the condensed form of another book, that of course, doesn't really exist... Which of course is the beauty of the book in the first place. If it is exactly like the movie though, it is probably, because there are some differences between the book and the movie...

9. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Heres a pic with the book that I have (and my RavenClaw scarf >=3)

10. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Nope. "The Good Parts Version" is the only one that exists.

Edit: I need to find Carmen Sandiego and report Akari to her. (Running joke at sci-fi/fantasy cons around here; perhaps all over. "If you see this man [insert picture of Waldo] please report immediately to Carmen Sandiego.") Now where in the world is she?

11. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I'm so confused @.@

12. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

"The Good Parts Version" is a joke. The novel is supposedly abridged from a novel by S. Morgenstern (who only exists as a pseudonym of Goldman's), but really, Goldman wrote it beginning to end to look like it was abridged from a longer, more boring (from a kid's point of view) version.

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Guess I should have read that part more LOL I kinda ignored most of the 1st 1/2 of the book until if got to the actual story XD

14. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

ya know...i just could neeeever get into that movie. i remember going to my friend's house to watch it (in high school, in the mid 90's) and thinking....um, you're in love with this movie why? haha.

15. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I grew up on it LOL I could watch it every day of my life and never get bored of it! My moms that jerk that wakes up every one in the house when it comes on TV in the middle of the night >.< Finally we got smart and bought her the DVD XD

16. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

read the intro! He goes on and on about how much he loved the book as a child but nobody seems to read it because of all the boring parts and he can't find a copy to give to his son. He goes into great detail how he went all these places and met all these people to write the story properly, and how his publisher wasn't gonna let him rewrite the book and he wrote an additional chapter of his own accord that couldn't be added because S. Morgenstern didn't have a hand in it, so if you want to read it, you have to write a letter to him and he will mail it to you... It is really funny... Honestly it has to be one of the most creative ways to write a story...

17. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, and its "brute" squad, not goon squad LOL Dunno how I missed that :rolleyes:

18. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I remember reading something about a museum, and the 6 fingered glove, and the calls to different stores and stuff, but I didn't really intently read that part LOL I'm not one for intro and prefaces >.<

19. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

I guess it wouldn't seem as funny if you thought it was true... once you are done reading the story, read the intro. I never read prefaces before the story either because when I pick up a book I want to start the story. the only books I read the intro first on was the Lord of the Rings series. (Which, incidentally, I would not recommend doing, as they are very dull, giving the background history of every form of life on Middle-Earth)

20. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I just have this irrational dislike toward prefaces LOL I dunno why :rolleyes: They're lucky if I even skim over them XD