Inactive platy, and corydora, and overactive kuhli loach.

Mettelil

So I am a beginner in aquariums.
I hav a 52 liter with a total of 15 fish.
It's been going well for months now.
However a 3 weeks ago i got a new platy. It's female and I think it might be pregnant, as I am pretty sure her belly is growing. Now, over the last few days she's become very inactive. Staying at different places of the tank bottom, middle and top. Outside og inside plant. She's not really eating. Is this prego behaviour? My two other platys are acting normal.

Second one of my corydoras has been very inactive after my weekly waterchange today. Others are fine. Is he just sleeping or is this not notmal?

Last i have a few Kuhli loaches. They've been hiding very much, but tonight one of them is very active going all over the place, in intervals. Others act as usual. Should I vorry?

Tank has very gentle fish that doesnt bother each other so I'd rule out stress from bullying.

All the other fish are behaving normal.

Tank consists of: beta male (very gentle guy), little school of harlequin rasporas, three platys, corydora, kuhli loaches and a few snails and shrimps.
Should add platy has been like this for two days now.
Also not really eating. Will nip a bit at fish food, but used to nib at plants and be a lot more active round feeding time.

awilkinson871

Pregnant platys usually hide when they are about to give birth. For the other fish have you checked your water parameters. Try to take the water from the bottom of the tank since that is where the ones acting abnormally are. You might try adding an air stone to make sure there is enough oxygen in the tank

Upvote 0

Spudsssy

Yes it's normal for Kuhli loaches to be active once lights go off zooming around the tank and going up and down the glass.

Upvote 0

Mettelil

Pregnant platys usually hide when they are about to give birth. For the other fish have you checked your water parameters. Try to take the water from the bottom of the tank since that is where the ones acting abnormally are. You might try adding an air stone to make sure there is enough oxygen in the tank
So you think the platy is alright?
Haven't tested yet, as all the others are acting normal.

Upvote 0

MRfishy

Not sure about the cory or platy, but im pretty sure if theres a storm khulis will go crazy. They can sense the barometric pressure like weather loaches Can, and then fly around the tank like tiny bullet trains When a storm arrives.

Upvote 0

smee82

52l is a 13g. Kuhlis and corries both need a bigger footprint and your filter probably also cant keep up with the bioload all your fish produce.

Upvote 0

Mettelil

52l is a 13g. Kuhlis and corries both need a bigger footprint and your filter probably also cant keep up with the bioload all your fish produce.
Got a bigger one now.
It's 112 liters

Upvote 0

Mettelil

How are they going in the bigger tank?
Do you mean how I put them in, or their behaviour in the bigger tank?

Upvote 0

Mettelil

Behaviour
They were a bit shy at first, hiding in the plants. Otherwise acted the same.
The inactive platy died after giving birth to five fry.
The fry is doing well.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
Replies
Views
eelena
Replies
Views