In Your Experience What Do Bettas Prefer

Do your bettas prefer a floating log or hammock

• Total voters

wolfdog01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have floating Java ferns and hanging logs, I think my betta prefers the logs. Maybe the plants for bubble nests. My old betta was a halfmoon and he appreciated the logs a lot.

motherofbettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
One of my Bettas prefers the log. The other prefers his little leaf on the suction cup. I would say it mainly depends on the fish's fins. My longer finned Betta {rosetail} prefers the leaf and the shorter {veiltail} prefers the log. Personally I prefer the look of the leaves than the log floating around.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Depends on each fish, out of my 10 bettas only one uses the leaf hammock... Everyone else has a floating log (I made 7 of them out of mesh) My one fish galaxy has three of them in his tank. He sleeps in one at night, plays and eats in the other and the last one is used for sitting,relaxing or day time naps. Other fish like rose (My female betta) doesn't care about her log, she jumped over it to get to her food and thats about it.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Depends on each fish, out of my 10 bettas only one uses the leaf hammock... Everyone else has a floating log (I made 7 of them out of mesh) My one fish galaxy has three of them in his tank. He sleeps in one at night, plays and eats in the other and the last one is used for sitting,relaxing or day time naps. Other fish like rose (My female betta) doesn't care about her log, she jumped over it to get to her food and thats about it.
I make them out of perler (melty) beads!

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My betta loves his leaf hammock. Lies on it every day. I just put in a few amazon frogbit plants next to it, he's in heaven
I don't have a floating log for him, just the one that rests on the bottom. He love it too, but loves the hammock more.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Is that safe to go in water? :/
Certain brands are. I only use the Perler brand beads, because I am 100% sure they are PVC plastic (PVA and PVB dissolve in water). I'm going to try and get some PVC for my 3D printer, so that I can print decorations for my tanks!

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
lilabug4545 said:
Certain brands are. I only use the Perler brand beads, because I am 100% sure they are PVC plastic (PVA and PVB dissolve in water). I'm going to try and get some PVC for my 3D printer, so that I can print decorations for my tanks!
oh ok, just makeing sure. Some plastics are questionable.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom