In-Tank Protein Skimmer Suggestions

ChrissFishes01

Hello all,

I'm currently in the market for at least two new protein skimmers. I don't run sumps, so I'd prefer them to be in-tank. I'm open to HOB skimmers, but am a bit nervous due to some previous experiences with them leaking saltwater onto my apartment's carpet. And, no, I don't want to add sumps - I understand the benefits, but don't want to deal with it until I'm in a home I own.

I'd like to get a skimmer for my 40 gallon, which just houses my Green Spotted Puffer, and my 55 gallon, which houses a Peacock Mantis Shrimp, 2 Clarkii Clowns, a Yellowtail Damsel, an Azure Damsel, and a 3-stripe damsel. I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible, but I don't want to bother with something that's going to fail in 6 months, either.

Any suggestions?

MoshJosh

I know fluval makes a few:

Upvote 0

coralbandit

Get an eshopps HOB ..
Look into the PSK 75 .

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

I know fluval makes a few:
Looking at pictures, it looks like most of them are meant to be inserted in the rear chambers of an AIO, no? Will the attach to a regular, rimmed aquarium without any serious mods?

Get an eshopps HOB ..
Look into the PSK 75 .
After looking into the PSK line, they looked to highly reviewed, but I can't find them in stock anywhere. Is this due to COVID, or are the discontinued?

Upvote 0

A201

I believe "Tidal" HOB's have a built in protein skimmer. A lot of members have recommend them.

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
NoahLikesFish
Replies
Views
saltwater60
Replies