in Sexing my bettas Help

1. Deeps

Deeps Valued Member Member

Please help me in sexing the attached bettas. I bought them from LFS a month ago (may be 1.5 months), and the LFS guy gave me saying that they were female and they looked the same as well then... i guess they were of < 2 months.. they were of short fins when i brought them.. but now, they have long fins and one of the is chasing the females (so isolated him for now), the other one is still fine with the females(sorority tank)... Also, I can still see the egg spot...

Can someone plz help me..

Down below(last one) was how they looked when i brought them, infact with even shorter fins...

Attached Files:

2. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I can never tell with the short tail I'm afraid... Someone will be able to help out really soon though! They are lovely little fish though, thanks for sharing them

3. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

They are both males and they look like they have delta tails..

4. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

I'd have to guess Males. Even my VT females don't get ventrals like that... I must say that you're feeding them well :p

5. OP
    OP
    Deeps

:;smack I dont have any new tanks to be used right away.... got to get new ones now.. MTS... anyways... happy to hear that... thanks MM and Red for confirming that...
    and Red, yeah, they infact grab the all the food leaving very little for the rest...:p

6. Red1313

lol little prokers :p
    And "gasp" more tanks! How ever shall you get buy?
    rofl

7. OP
    OP
    Deeps

I already bought a 5 galllon a week back.. didnt inform my parents yet (i stay alone).. so if they pay a visit... cant even expect whts gonna happen... ;)
    Now, again, got to get another 5 or 10 gallon... but am scared that I may bring in some more bettas... especially females.......if I visit my LFS..... and again some more tanks.. and again some more fish.. goes on.... ROFL....

8. Red1313

It's a dangerous condition but you have your fellow fishlorians here to help you ;)
    I'm pretty sure that my folks will be in for a bit of a surprise as well the next time they come to visit too :p

9. OP
    OP
    Deeps

my friends who keep visiting always get surprises.... and keep saying the same thing "Got a new tank?? No one can change you"... lolzz...

10. Red1313

My best friend has just given up and decided to humour me :p She's even gonna come wait for my fish with me :p

11. OP
    OP
    Deeps

They dont actually wait for any new fish, coz, they are pretty sure that am gonna get a new one everytime... so, i stopped visiting my LFS... and if at all I visit, i grab some plants and rush back as far as possible.... :D