In need of input and photos of tanks with blue background

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
670
Points
313
Experience
More than 10 years
StarGirl15 said:
The one I got is black on one side blue on the other. I had one previous that was blue fade with sand ripples and it was still a lot of blue. Ill see id I can find a pic. Im sure you've seen it though! lol
20190811_192616.jpg 20191028_153747.jpg
 

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,747
Reaction score
5,018
Points
573
Experience
3 years
StarGirl15 said:
I like the darker one on your tank for sure and it looks like the plants grew in considerably more. Not that the background had anything to do with it i just happened to notice. I like no background and an extremely heavily planted tank... but it took me a while to get that with my tanks :)
 

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
670
Points
313
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
I like the darker one on your tank for sure and it looks like the plants grew in considerably more. Not that the background had anything to do with it i just happened to notice. I like no background and an extremely heavily planted tank... but it took me a while to get that with my tanks :)
I actually have more plants than that pic. I just found a black one that was close to my current! Thanks! Hard to believe I put in my tiny Crypts on June 2nd! 5 months! I guess this is a commercial for Thrive! ;)
 

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,747
Reaction score
5,018
Points
573
Experience
3 years
StarGirl15 said:
I actually have more plants than that pic. I just found a black one that was close to my current! Thanks! Hard to believe I put in my tiny Crypts on June 2nd! 5 months! I guess this is a commercial for Thrive! ;)
I absolutely agree! And i know you've seen me press the issue with using Thrive in a non co2 tank for amazing plant growth. Of course along with good lighting and WC's . or even co2 ( but haven't gone that route yet ) Keep doing what your doing and you will be trimming plants weekly in no time ... Trust me :)
 

Basil

Well Known Member
Messages
839
Reaction score
659
Points
128
Experience
2 years
I like the black on your tank. And gorgeous tank btw. Here’s my two 40 breeders; one with blue background (it’s actually wrapping paper taped on) and one with black (taped on poster board).
9A4371C4-15C1-48A1-A5B1-A2EDF45352BD.jpeg
AFC78AA3-BB52-4CE0-8FDD-03EB3E4BFACF.jpeg
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #26

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,340
Reaction score
8,152
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
Well shoot, for some odd reason I didn't get alerts for this thread. Thanks for the photos @StarGirl15 and @Basil I definitely am leaning toward going with the black background. I am afraid I would quickly get tired of the blue I have in my pieces parts cabinet.
 

EmmGood

Valued Member
Messages
51
Reaction score
61
Points
28
Experience
Just started
I'm on team black mostly because that appears more natural to me and less of that fish store vibe that comes with the blue, though @missnoodles take on the gradient looks pretty interesting. :- )
 

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Messages
696
Reaction score
562
Points
103
Experience
Just started
mattgirl said:
Well shoot, for some odd reason I didn't get alerts for this thread. Thanks for the photos @StarGirl15 and @Basil I definitely am leaning toward going with the black background. I am afraid I would quickly get tired of the blue I have in my pieces parts cabinet.
I'm going to have my little feelings hurt if you don't give the craft paper thing a try just to see what you think.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #29

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,340
Reaction score
8,152
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
JettsPapa said:
I'm going to have my little feelings hurt if you don't give the craft paper thing a try just to see what you think.
Changing it on this tank is going to be a big job so I want to be sure I am going to be happy with what I do before doing it. I can try it on my 5 gallon tank though. That one is easy :D It won't show me exactly what it will look like on the big one but will give me a sneak peek.

I actually still have the blue background on the little tank and surprisingly I've not gotten tired of it yet. Problem is, there will be a lot more blue on the big tank and I do think it would be overpowering to the eyes. I feel sure I will go with the black once I build up the energy to tackle the job.
 

Basil

Well Known Member
Messages
839
Reaction score
659
Points
128
Experience
2 years
I have dark blue fiber board on my 75. But I have so much stuff in this tank it’s not as visible as in the 40g. And I can’t even see the seam.
I just snapped this picture. Light is in sunset mode now.
5002D457-FE84-495A-87E5-4554C7CDBCFF.jpeg
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom