In Need Of A Clean Up Crew

raptorsvt79

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I need a clean up crew for my forty gallon...my albino cory will be removed...but I need something that will not be a threat to my kribs breeding...any suggestions?

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Why do you need a clean up crew? Are you overfeeding?

jaymucca

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you are getting unwanted snails in the tank, you want Clown loaches, these pick off the bottom and enjoy eating snails. Keep in groups of 3 or more, they look great and shoal together in the tank which is natural. I am not sure if these will affect your fishes breeding chances so you will have to research. Plecos are really good at cleaning algae off the side of the tank, so I would suggest a small plec to keep the algae at bay. I have corydoras catfish in my tank and they are fantastic, they are great to watch and actively patrol the bottom of the tank. They are not aggressive so shouldn't stop your fish from breeding. You will need a group of 3 or more like the clown loaches. There are MANY alternatives, but if you have any more questions, please reply and I will do my best to give you advice. Thanks mate

OP
raptorsvt79

raptorsvt79

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I need a clean up crew to clean up the leftovers...I don't over feed...just want a clean up crew just in case...I do gravel vacs every week....so maybe I don't really need them...but just asking..

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cory cats really are the only bottom feeder I can think of.

If you wanted something else that will snag up the extra food you could do a molly or something haha my molly is a pig, not a bottom feeder but mine does clean up the bottom haha!

New Threads