In Memorium. . . Idas

1. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone. Despite all of the wonderful help, advice & support that Idas & I got, whatever was ailing him was too strong to fight. I came down this morning to learn that my Idas had passed away and did not make it to see Christmas. I am very upset by this, I did not have anywhere near long enough to get to know him and I had made him a Christmas stocking. Here in Australia is is Dec 23rd. He only needed another 24hrs to see Christmas.
    I am devasatated at the loss of a little life in my Fish Troy.

I never got to put photos on of him so here is my Idas.

IDAS PROFILE:
    Idas was very lively. He darted backwards and forwards non stop and flicked his rocks about like a mad thing. He hated being netted and would fight with all that was in him to avoid it. He was strong enough to knock the net backwards out of my hand. He also hated the camera flash so pictures of him were hard to obtain. But he had an adorable face and very pretty light blue eyes. And to this day I am not sure what kind of fighter he was.
    Merry Christmas Idas, say hi to my other babies in fishy heaven for me.

Pic 1: Idas looks at the camera showing his cute little face

[​IMG]

Pic 2: I finally snap his picture despite his attempts to avoid my camera

[​IMG]

Pic 3: Idas found his reflection! (He had a rather fiesty nature).

[​IMG]

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

What a pretty yellow boy.
    :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

RIP Idas

3. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. What a bummer right at Christmas. He sounds like he was a wonderful fish.

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello FishTroy. Loosing one of our finned friends is always tough. RIP dear friend!
    Ken

5. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Aw, I just read your pm, haven't been able to get on for a few days. I'm really sorry to hear that, but Achilles can teach him loads of tricks, and I bet he's doing well as we speak! Will message you just now :;hug2

6. Romad Initiate Member

I'm so sorry that you lost Idas.

RIP Idas

7. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Oh, Maddy, I'm so sorry Idas didn't make it. *hugs*

8. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

I'm so sorry you lost him. My condolences. What a cute boy.

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm so sorry you lost Idas:(. RIP little betta boy. You were very much loved and will be greatly missed.

10. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Hope hes in a better place!

11. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

He was a stunner, your Idas. Sorry to hear he didn't make it, especially since the holidays are so close. He's not suffering now, though, not that he was... you take good care of your babies. What I mean is, he's not hurting from what was ailing him now. Losing one of the little guys is always heartbreaking. You kinda just have to remember the good times.

RIP Idas.

12. bubblefish Member Member

Sorry to hear about Idas.

13. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear you lost him, he was gorgeous.

14. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

A cute little betta boy! So sorry to hear of your loss. Keep your chin up. He's in a better place now.

15. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Thank-you everyone. He was a unique looking little baby. There was absolutely no resisting him. Any guesses as to what type he was? ie Veil Tail, Crown etc.

16. Borisbbadd Guest

Sorry you lost him :(

17. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I m so sorry you lost one of your sweet babies! My heart goes out to you!! RIP little guy...

18. Heather M Well Known Member Member

I'm so sorry!!! :'(