In how many days fry will grow about 1 inch.

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Anji13, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Anji13Valued MemberMember

My pregnant gave birth to fry yesterday. I would like to know in how many days they will grow a to size so that they will not be eaten by adult guppies.

2. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

What fish species?

3. Anji13Valued MemberMember

guppies.

4. kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

60 to 90 I believe. My Molly fry are about half an inch after two months.
    Back when I had guppies I think I remember them taking forever to get an inch long.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

My platy fry seem to take around 3 months to get to 1".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. delta5Well Known MemberMember

Can't give you an answer. There are a lot of factors when it comes to rate of growth. Food, clean water, temperature, number of feedings per day, ect.

7. NympxzieValued MemberMember

Preforming frequent (more than once a week) WC's, less than 10ppm nitrate, and feeding good quality food, my guppies have reached .6" in 2 weeks. I expect them to be 1" by the time they are 2-3months old.

8. ClearEyesWell Known MemberMember

My oldest platy fry is just over a month old and is about .5", but is very active, and has integrated itself into my community. I have a couple new ones who are about a week old, and they're maybe .25". No one seems to bother them (my biggest fish is a dwarf gourami). I have a lot of hiding spaces, and all my fry seem savvy enough to just hang out in the back, behind my (fake) plants.

Granted, I have no idea how many of the others have been eaten.

9. Joshua DrakeWell Known MemberMember

My oldest surviving fry is about 1 month right now and it's about a half an inch, so I would assume 2 months. My tank is very heavily planted, nitrates stay between 5-10ppm, never above, I do about 40% wc every 2 weeks and I feed them once a day with a rotation of food. Hope that helps a bit.

10. Anji13Valued MemberMember

Thank you people for responses. As this was my first time having a guppy giving birth to babies. I kept her alone. And hence all the fry survived and they are doing good. But seriously.. they are like more than 20 and I don't want all of them. They are 3 days old. Does a pet store buy guppies from us? When should I put them in my Large fish tank?

11. Joshua DrakeWell Known MemberMember

They should be good to go with the adult guppies when they ate about 1/4 inches which on average I'd say takes about a week or two. Some local pet shops might take them and give you a couple bucks for the lot but they won't take them, at least in my experience, until and if they develop color, which takes a few months