In how many days fry will grow about 1 inch.

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Anji13, Aug 1, 2015.

1. A

Anji13 Valued Member Member

My pregnant gave birth to fry yesterday. I would like to know in how many days they will grow a to size so that they will not be eaten by adult guppies.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What fish species?

3. OP
    OP
    A

guppies.

4. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

60 to 90 I believe. My Molly fry are about half an inch after two months.
    Back when I had guppies I think I remember them taking forever to get an inch long.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

My platy fry seem to take around 3 months to get to 1".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

Can't give you an answer. There are a lot of factors when it comes to rate of growth. Food, clean water, temperature, number of feedings per day, ect.

7. Nympxzie

Nympxzie Valued Member Member

Preforming frequent (more than once a week) WC's, less than 10ppm nitrate, and feeding good quality food, my guppies have reached .6" in 2 weeks. I expect them to be 1" by the time they are 2-3months old.

8. ClearEyes

ClearEyes Well Known Member Member

My oldest platy fry is just over a month old and is about .5", but is very active, and has integrated itself into my community. I have a couple new ones who are about a week old, and they're maybe .25". No one seems to bother them (my biggest fish is a dwarf gourami). I have a lot of hiding spaces, and all my fry seem savvy enough to just hang out in the back, behind my (fake) plants.

Granted, I have no idea how many of the others have been eaten.

9. Joshua Drake

Joshua Drake Well Known Member Member

My oldest surviving fry is about 1 month right now and it's about a half an inch, so I would assume 2 months. My tank is very heavily planted, nitrates stay between 5-10ppm, never above, I do about 40% wc every 2 weeks and I feed them once a day with a rotation of food. Hope that helps a bit.

10. OP
    OP
    A

Thank you people for responses. As this was my first time having a guppy giving birth to babies. I kept her alone. And hence all the fry survived and they are doing good. But seriously.. they are like more than 20 and I don't want all of them. They are 3 days old. Does a pet store buy guppies from us? When should I put them in my Large fish tank?

11. Joshua Drake

Joshua Drake Well Known Member Member

They should be good to go with the adult guppies when they ate about 1/4 inches which on average I'd say takes about a week or two. Some local pet shops might take them and give you a couple bucks for the lot but they won't take them, at least in my experience, until and if they develop color, which takes a few months

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice