Impulse Cory Buyer

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ahh, I couldn't help it. I went to the fish store north of town today to see if they have pink gravel for my daughters tank. Decided just to browse the stock, you know... just looking. I found an adult Cory in a tank just swimming around all active like (he was in with some platies) and he looked like he could use a nice active school of cory's. Then I thought to myself, why, *I* have a nice active school of cory's. And of course I brought home a new cory. But no pink gravel. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyhow, not sure of the species, I'll try to get a shot. He's got some large spot patterns over a good portion of his body. I'll have to look around online see if I can figure it out.

click

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Browsing the stock is always a bad idea in my case...that's the reason why I made a habit to buy all the supplies online, so I am far away from temptations.

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah i can relate to click also i tell my dad im just looking but i always bring somthing home

If get a pic im pretty sure will be able to identify him

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah I'll try to get a pic tonight or tomorrow. He was definately interested in my other cory's, he just sidled right up to them and dove right in when I fed some bloodworms. (My school is actually two small schools of c. axelrodi and albino c. aeneus. 4 of each) But he just barged right like he was part of it.

_Fried_Bettas_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes different Cory species will school together until you get a large number of two different species then they will tend to separate out.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah my four axelrods pretty much stick together. The albino's will hang with anyone though. Even my betta.

mishykinz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Love corys, they're just too adorable. My albino cory school all died except for 1, so I got him some friends (an emerald, green, and peppered). So far they haven't really schooled together, but I figure they're still acclimating.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've noticed that my two schools will combine for feeding time then they pretty much hang together with their own.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom