impressive betta bowl

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is indeed pretty but the little betta does not have much room to move about and will outgrow the tank. It is also too small to do a really safe job of heating. I know there are some owners who heat tanks and bowls of this size but it has to be done with EXTREME care to prevent overheating. A 2 gallon tank actually will only hold 1 1/2 gallon water if you are lucky and do not have it loaded down with a lot of decorations and plant life. That cuts down on the water to heat and the water circulation for the prevention of hot spots. Airstones and airpumps would be all the more important...This particular bowl also would not have much in the way of surface area which is one of the things most necessary for bettas as they go to the surface to breathe.

Rose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They have 16 gallon Bio-orbs but I have never seen a 10 gallon bowl. I am not sure that the Bio-orb is a good choice for the bettas either but if they are converted for Tropical fish (they come equipped for goldfish) they would perhaps make a good community tank. They have the Bio-tubes that I think the Bettas would do okay in.

Rose

OP
gammerus

gammerus

Well Known
Reaction score
hmm that would be cool. I have allways loved the simplicity of a bowl, even if a bio orb is anything but simple

New Threads