Impressed With Lfs Near Me: Rms Aquaculture – Big Store

1. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Yesterday, had a chance to visit a LFS near me. RMS Aquaculture. Wow. This store is huge. It has 6 isles of stacked tanks on both sides. Fresh, Salt, Plants and corals. I spent over an hour just looking around. In that time we did not see 1 dead fish. I am very lucky to have 3 good locally owned fish stores within 20 mins. If you have a chance to visit I highly recommend it. Welcome To R.M.S. Aquaculture! Home to Cleveland's biggest fish and pet store!

Here’s some pics.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 10.jpg 16.jpg 18.jpg

2. andychrissytank

andychrissytank Well Known Member Member

jellyfish? I'm impressed :)

3. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

I had that jelly fish! (It deflated within a week and I couldn't get it to float again :( )

4. OP
    OP
    jmaldo

Yeah, I saw the Jelly Fish thought it was fake had to get a pic, price $199.99.
    "Someday young grasshopper".

5. KimberlyG

No way! That's crazy...I can see the line tying it down just like mine. If it were real...It would be in my tank. lol

6. OP
    OP
    jmaldo

It looked so real and beautiful but the main give away, its perfect dome shape and it was not moving.

7. KimberlyG

There was a plus. The grandkids loved it! (While it would still float. My LFS still has them for $20. Not for under a week of amusement)

8. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

Wow :;bananawater you are lucky to have a store like that near you!! You are really lucky to have 3 good stores near you!!! I have 2 stores, the first makes me want to take a shower every time I go there :eek:, and the second makes me feel like I took a bath every time I buy something there:(

9. OP
    OP
    jmaldo

Lucky me and Lucky fish. All 3 take good care of their stock. I really had to check my Mts at the door. It was really hard not to walk out with a whole new setup.

10. DeltaDawn37

DeltaDawn37 Valued Member Member

What do you mean, @fissh , your profile says Silicon Valley and there's like 5 LFS in San Jose alone :p
    @jmaldo That's one clean and well-lit store! Though I have to say the plant section looks a bit small, proportionally... nice that they have labelled brackish tanks, though!

11. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

Five??? if I think real hard I can only come up with three, and the third one I forgot because it sucks so bad I tried to block it from my mind. So there's two more I'm not aware of?

12. DeltaDawn37

DeltaDawn37 Valued Member Member

@fissh I'm not sure, I just looked for the ones on google maps... when I was looking for stores after I moved up here it just seemed like most of them were (annoyingly) in/near San Jose, though, which is just outside of my non-car-owning range. Which is the bad one?

13. N

NewLou New Member Member

RMS, I like that place. They tend to have a good selection most of the time. Have you checked out Best in Pets in Elyria? Great employees and owner, much smaller, but knowledgeable staff (for the most part).