Impossible to find?

Discussion in 'Kuhli Loach' started by hunterjacob, Apr 21, 2010.

1. hunterjacobNew MemberMember

So why is it so hard to find kuhli loaches for sale? I can't find them at any of the LFS here in Arizona, I can't find them for sale online. I found one little guy here locally, he's about half an inch long. I know they do better in groups, but I can't find anymore anywhere. Are these things going extinct or something?

2. sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

Not that I know of. I just bought half a dozen from a tank of dozens. All of the local petsmarts have the black variety.
    It might be a local thing, though. Maybe there has just been no call for them in your area.

3. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I haven't been able to find the striped ones, though the blacks are sold at most petsmarts.

4. sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

There's a lot of striped ones and a lot of black ones available on Aquabid right now. Not sure what you're wanting to pay, they're both a bit expensive, but they're there.

5. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I know I saw them just today at liveaquaria.com.

Good luck!

Edited to add: I'm looking for a good local source myself for kuhli loaches. Must've made 20 calls today to a variety of LFS's and I think I drummed up two total. :;fru

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  6. ranga97Well Known MemberMember

Have you tried to get your lfs to order them in for you? In aus they are everywhere for about $8

7. RayRayValued MemberMember

Lynda, if you're anywhere near Hartford I could've sworn I saw some at Hartford Puppy Center and Aquarium about a month ago. They were all black ones though.

Edit: Oh wow, did not realize how old this thread was.

8. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Well, since you (rayray) and ranga both reopened the thread.... :)

Kuhlis are $8 there? here they are less than $2.

9. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

$1.49 at petco :)
    Seriously I see more Kuhlis and loaches in general in the spring. Our Petco here will order them for you :)
    Carol

10. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

Wow! I drool at the prices over there!

its $15 for a betta

$10 for kuhlis

and $8 for bronze cories, $20 for pygmies and skunks

a little expensive!

11. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

How much is a BGK over there?

12. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I still can't find the striped ones locally..... but I do love my black ones..... which aren't really black, but sorta brown. They have little walrus faces. :-*

13. RhanWell Known MemberMember

Kuhlis are about $6 where I am.

Seen a skunk cory for $20

My pygmy cories were supposed to be $12 each, but because I ordered 8 of them, they dropped the price to $8 each (and because I'm a regular customer).

One place had cherry shrimp for $5.60 EACH

I'm assuming you're directing that question to aussies, Jaysee? I've only seen small BGKs, they are pretty much $30 each in every shop.

14. ranga97Well Known MemberMember

Everything except meat for a BBQ is cheaper in America!
    :);):);):);):);

15. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

Agreed!:;hf

Sorry but what is a BGK?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice