Impossible to find?

Discussion in 'Kuhli Loach' started by hunterjacob, Apr 21, 2010.

1. hunterjacob

hunterjacobNew MemberMember

So why is it so hard to find kuhli loaches for sale? I can't find them at any of the LFS here in Arizona, I can't find them for sale online. I found one little guy here locally, he's about half an inch long. I know they do better in groups, but I can't find anymore anywhere. Are these things going extinct or something?

2. sirdarksol

sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

Not that I know of. I just bought half a dozen from a tank of dozens. All of the local petsmarts have the black variety.
    It might be a local thing, though. Maybe there has just been no call for them in your area.

3. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I haven't been able to find the striped ones, though the blacks are sold at most petsmarts.

4. sirdarksol

sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

There's a lot of striped ones and a lot of black ones available on Aquabid right now. Not sure what you're wanting to pay, they're both a bit expensive, but they're there.

5. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I know I saw them just today at liveaquaria.com.

Good luck!

Edited to add: I'm looking for a good local source myself for kuhli loaches. Must've made 20 calls today to a variety of LFS's and I think I drummed up two total. :;fru

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  6. ranga97

ranga97Well Known MemberMember

Have you tried to get your lfs to order them in for you? In aus they are everywhere for about $8

7. RayRay

RayRayValued MemberMember

Lynda, if you're anywhere near Hartford I could've sworn I saw some at Hartford Puppy Center and Aquarium about a month ago. They were all black ones though.

Edit: Oh wow, did not realize how old this thread was.

8. Jaysee

Well, since you (rayray) and ranga both reopened the thread.... :)

Kuhlis are $8 there? here they are less than $2.

9. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

$1.49 at petco :)
    Seriously I see more Kuhlis and loaches in general in the spring. Our Petco here will order them for you :)
    Carol

10. yallyall1

yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

Wow! I drool at the prices over there!

its $15 for a betta

$10 for kuhlis

and $8 for bronze cories, $20 for pygmies and skunks

a little expensive!

11. Jaysee

How much is a BGK over there?

12. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I still can't find the striped ones locally..... but I do love my black ones..... which aren't really black, but sorta brown. They have little walrus faces. :-*

13. Rhan

RhanWell Known MemberMember

Kuhlis are about $6 where I am.

Seen a skunk cory for $20

My pygmy cories were supposed to be $12 each, but because I ordered 8 of them, they dropped the price to $8 each (and because I'm a regular customer).

One place had cherry shrimp for $5.60 EACH

I'm assuming you're directing that question to aussies, Jaysee? I've only seen small BGKs, they are pretty much $30 each in every shop.

14. ranga97

ranga97Well Known MemberMember

Everything except meat for a BBQ is cheaper in America!
    :);):);):);):);

15. yallyall1

yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

Agreed!:;hf

Sorry but what is a BGK?