Importance Of Quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Whats worst, Spending $200 on a quarantine setup or Having $200 worth of fish die?

Well, after a month long battle its Flukes and ich etc! I finally cured it all. All of my fish are eithier blind or partially blind. I had a Blue Hippo Tang, 2 Clownfish, 2 Dwarf angels, a foxface, and all of my sump inverts die. No aggression issues at all. so saying $200 is an under statement. ANYways, I now have this:
*1 Humu Humu
* 1 Yellow Tang
*1 Snowflake (New)

Letsfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I learned the hard way,in the regard to adding new fish. My new arrivals spend about a month in time out before moving on.

Lacey D

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So sorry for your losses, and your fish who bear the scars of the battle In Freshwater Qt is crazy-cheap--$10 steralite container + $4 filter + $12 airpump + $18 heater-- and yet so many people (including me) skip it :/ My excuse is that I buy from stores which pre-quarantine their fish, but it's still me being sloppy and taking risks. I hope from now on your quarantine setup does its job, and the rest of your fish remain healthy.

Last edited:

Letsfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks! I now keep my QT running 24/7.I really don`t use it for infections because I`m of the opinion that you should treat that at it`s source.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks! I now keep my QT running 24/7.I really don`t use it for infections because I`m of the opinion that you should treat that at it`s source.
So sorry for your losses, and your fish who bear the scars of the battle In Freshwater Qt is crazy-cheap--$10 steralite container + $4 filter + $12 airpump + $18 heater-- and yet so many people (including me) skip it :/ My excuse is that I buy from stores which pre-quarantine their fish, but it's still me being sloppy and taking risks. I hope from now on your quarantine setup does it's job, and the rest of your fish remain healthy.
I learned the hard way,in the regard to adding new fish. My new arrivals spend about a month in time out before moving on.
Thank you all, I completely agree with the fact it should be used at the beginning of the fishes time with you! I now have mine running, its only a 10g, but I am buying baby fish so it really doesn't matter the size of the tank.

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So sorry for your losses, and your fish who bear the scars of the battle In Freshwater Qt is crazy-cheap--$10 steralite container + $4 filter + $12 airpump + $18 heater-- and yet so many people (including me) skip it :/ My excuse is that I buy from stores which pre-quarantine their fish, but it's still me being sloppy and taking risks. I hope from now on your quarantine setup does its job, and the rest of your fish remain healthy.
I'm the same exact way. I have set up QT tanks in the past before to make an attempt to do things the right way, but then I just end up stocking the tank with new fish and BOOM, a new tank is born.

FLDawna

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm the same exact way. I have set up QT tanks in the past before to make an attempt to do things the right way, but then I just end up stocking the tank with new fish and BOOM, a new tank is born.
LOL....I've been fighting the urge to do this very thing! I keep thinking that my 10 gallong qt/hospital tank would look so awesome with a wad of male guppies or a planted betta tank. My husband would probably have something to say at that point. So far he just rolls his eyes. Often.

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL....I've been fighting the urge to do this very thing! I keep thinking that my 10 gallong qt/hospital tank would look so awesome with a wad of male guppies or a planted betta tank. My husband would probably have something to say at that point. So far he just rolls his eyes. Often.
Oh man, a planted 10 gallon betta tank? Sorry, but the current QT setup has to go :joyful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 24 68.6%

Top Bottom