Imagitarium Air Pump.

1. Atomicfish

Atomicfish Valued Member Member

I just put a air pump brand imagitarium rated for 10 to 30 gallon tanks on my 3 Gallon for my filter. It seems to be working great so far and it's not too much for that tank it does a far better job than the cheap air pump that came with the filter that was starting to get weak.

2. California L33

California L33 Well Known Member Member

Good to hear, and speaking of hearing, how's the sound level? I've been looking for a truly quiet pump without luck. They all claim to be quiet. They're all as loud as refrigerators. It seems like we haven't progressed any since I was keeping fish as a child.

3. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

how old are you???

4. California L33

Let me put it to you this way, I actually owned an aquarium piston air pump- the ones that looked like little steam engines and chugged, though they were electric powered :). On the plus side, it was ancient when I had it. My standard is the long discontinued 'Silent Giant,' which was actually fairly quiet. I just bought a Tetra Whisper 20, decided from the noise level that it had to be defective and bought another. Both hum at a level, if I can trust my age addled brain's memories, at a level equal to, if not slightly louder than, the Silent Giant.

5. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

th

6. R

Racing1113 Well Known Member Member

Have you tried the Aqua Culture air pump at Walmart? Surprisingly I've had the best luck with that one.

7. California L33

I'll check it out, thanks.

8. OP
    OP
    Atomicfish

Atomicfish Valued Member Member

I am 39 years old will be turning 40 on the 15th of October this year.

9. DanPlanted

DanPlanted Valued Member Member

As loud as a refrigerator? How loud is your refrigerator...... I thought most air pumps were much louder.