Imagitarium 40 Gallon Metal Tank Stand

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CichlidLover5, Apr 24, 2017.

1. C

CichlidLover5 New Member Member

Hi all,

I would like to know all of your opinions on the sturdiness and capabilities of the Imagitarium 40 Gallon Metal tank stand.

The reason I am deciding to buy it is because it is quite difficult to find stands for this size tank.

Are metal stands more sturdier and longer-lasting than pine stands?

I am thinking of getting the Imagitatium 10 Gallon Metal Stand as well.

Please leave me your feedback, as I don't want to end up regretting purchasing this stand if it gives out down the line on my 40 Gallon...

Thanks!

By the way, I also have a 29 Gallon on a pine stand right now and the stand holds the tank just fine.

2. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

Do you mean the Imagitarium Brooklyn stand? I have that one for my 55g and love it. It looks great and is very sturdy. I did cut foamboard to fit to go between the stand and tank; the crosspieces on mine are about 1mm lower than the side pieces, so I wanted something to absorb that difference.

3. OP
    OP
    C

Nice to hear!

How long have you had your 55 Gallon on the stand?

Do you have a photo of your tank and stand, so I can see that its holding up?

Also, what type of foam did you use and where do you buy it?

Thanks!

4. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

Here's my tank thread:
    Too soon? First steps towards my Narnia tank!

It's been up for 6 months now. The kids' toy bins are stored in the bottom of it, and it doesn't budge with them pulling stuff out regularly.

I just bought regular foamboard (black so it would blend with the stand). Like so:

Perhaps unnecessary, but it gave me peace of mind to have that buffer between the tank and the stand. The stand comes with stick-on circles at the corners to rest the tank on, I just wanted something more substantial.

5. OP
    OP
    C

Ok.

I ordered the 40 Gallon Metal Stand and bought the 10 Gallon one today at PetCo, so hopefully I'll be pleased with my purchase...

Was it easy to put the stand together and use the leveling feet?

6. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

Very easy, just 16 screws with washers, necessary Allen head wrench included. Took me about 10 minutes alone. I'm having mine altered (adding a bottom shelf and a way to hide my canister, and having it powder coated) so I haven't added the feet yet, but they are very straight forward. I suggest using a level.

7. OP
    OP
    C

I put the 10 Gallon metal stand together, but the leveling feet can't be adjusted?

I screwed the feet in all the way.

Am I doing this properly?

8. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

If you need to adjust the feet, unscrew them until the stand is level.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice