Images/Pictures in older threads

aquachris

I notice a vast majority of older threads are missing pictures.. Do pictures get pruned often?

Kind of a bummer because I find "useful" threads a lot on certain DIY projects, but then the pics are gone, leaving very little to understand

Mike

Sometimes people use imgur, photobucket and other photo sharing sites and once they get deleted from those sites they end up being broken images here that get removed.

StarGirl

I was wondering about that in the Wondering what everyone looks like thread. All the pics from the beginning are gone. This must be why.

aquachris

Mike said:
Sometimes people use imgur, photobucket and other photo sharing sites and once they get deleted from those sites they end up being broken images here that get removed.
Ahh bummer.. I just copy/paste right into the forum and it does the magic, I love it lol.

chromedome52

A few years ago, when the forum had a major software change, a lot of images that predated the change just vanished. There are a couple of threads here that suffered major losses from that, particularly the member photo thread and some long running breeding threads. Then some time after that Photobucket changed their sharing policies, and most of the images that had been stored there were no longer available. However, that mostly affected other websites that didn't allow direct uploading of images. Most of those forums either upgraded their software or they are gone.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom