I'm worried about one of my zebra danios

Fish Girl

Reaction score
He sits at the bottom of the tank a lot and doesn't come up to feed with the others. I don't think it's fin rot because his fins look normal. I changed the water in the tank recently but that was for the first time in like 3 weeks, and I just noticed my fish food has passed its best before date. What should I do? Please help. Thank-you ****

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could be the delayed water change, 25% each week is a good schedule. What are your water test readings (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate).
Fish Girl I deleted your duplicate post on the fresh water section. Its best to only post a question in one place and get your answers all together in one place. You are more likely to get responses that way as most people don'tlike to go to two different places to answer the same question Hope you don't mind.
Thanks
Carol

Radcliffe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it might be from the water change. I recently lost some of my danios, from a large water change at the end of cycling the tank. They were floating, like they were tranquilized or something, then died. It was so sad! I got a better gravel cleaner and am doing more frequent changes to make sure that the changes are less of a shock to the tank.

Good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom