I'm Tan b's little sis!

Galaxy Girl

Reaction score
Blame Tan for me joining! after she joined she was always on this site and as her little sister i (of course) had to get involved! Since getting the Galaxy/firework rasboras (i funded the fish... my claim to fame! hence the name!) we decided the best way for updates was to join.... and i was always looking at the site and all the suggestions and topics... i never knew there was so much to owning and maintaining tanks!i dont have a tank... after reading all the posts and from Tans information i know i wouldnt have the time to do it properly! but i have a pond with many goldfish and a few koi. we have just moved house. catching all our fish and emptying the pond took 2 hours... moving the koi by car was an experience i wouldnt want to repeat. the fish settled in well to their new home and really quickly! anyway... that's enough from me! looking forward to hearing more about everyones tanks and fish!

Chantelle ;D

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah...always blame the sis!!! lol hi there!! you got joined at last then! you know more about fishlore than me since you helped me get my sig link sorted and took the galaxy pictures for me!!
welcome to fishlore!!!! see you around!
tan ;D

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome Galaxy Girl! I wonder where you got that name from? Hmmmmmm. So, YOU funded the fish eh? The secret is out!

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, after a little while we should have you properly hooked to want more and more tanks. Heck, I can't afford any more tanks (yet) and I'm already figuring out how I can redesign my entire house to fit more. Heck with the wife and kids, make room for more fish! Hmm... the kids... hey they don't need two rooms. I can cram them both into the smaller room and fill the bigger room with tanks! Oooo... better yet, sell one of the kids to fund the aquarium room. ;D Of course I'm just kidding (am I? ) in any event, Welcome to Fishlore!

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Terry said:
Welcome Galaxy Girl! I wonder where you got that name from? Hmmmmmm.  So, YOU funded the fish eh? The secret is out!
yes, and I'VE re-arranged my house and fish to give them a good home!! lol! (oh and chan did help me repair the tank in garage-thanks!) and spent hours researching them! might've guessed a simple trip to the lfs with chan for some platties or mollys would become something more complicated!!! wierd stuff always happens when we're togther!! dread to think what we'd end up with nxt time we go there!!
tan ;D

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Luniyn said:
Don't worry, after a little while we should have you properly hooked to want more and more tanks. Heck, I can't afford any more tanks (yet) and I'm already figuring out how I can redesign my entire house to fit more. Heck with the wife and kids, make room for more fish! Hmm... the kids... hey they don't need two rooms. I can cram them both into the smaller room and fill the bigger room with tanks! Oooo... better yet, sell one of the kids to fund the aquarium room. ;D Of course I'm just kidding (am I? ) in any event, Welcome to Fishlore!
yeah, maybe trade in a child for a few fish?!! i have actually considered a tank in each of their bedrooms though! blimey...when will the tank buying stop?!!! i just cant help myself!!!! need to talk chan into getting a tank....she could keep it here at my house!!!! lol ;D tan

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome Galaxy Girl.. aka "the sister of tan.b" I had heard that you were going to be joining us.. "the British are coming! the British are coming!" Great to see you on here.. i'm sure between your sister and us, you'll be infected with MTS in no time at all.

luniyn - if you want to trade in a child, remember that the LFS want them at least a certain size before they'll take them.

tan - go for it, the kids won't say anything - until you put 55 gallon tanks in their rooms where the beds USED to be.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore, Galaxy Girl!

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi galaxy girl, welcome to fishlore.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
Welcome Galaxy Girl.. aka "the sister of tan.b"   I had heard that you were going to be joining us.. "the British are coming! the British are coming!"    Great to see you on here.. i'm sure between your sister and us, you'll be infected with MTS in no time at all.

luniyn - if you want to trade in a child, remember that the LFS want them at least a certain size before they'll take them.

tan - go for it, the kids won't say anything - until you put 55 gallon tanks in their rooms where the beds USED to be. 
lol, lol and more lol!! ;D
tan

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to fishlore! Hope you enjoy it here!

Gwenz ;D

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Very cool! Welcome to Fish Lore Tan.b is a great member and we're glad to have you with us too!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome!!!! Another member of the family is here hurray who else can we infect with MTS now ? LOL
as for putting tanks in the kids rooms- I know some one who set up a 10 gallon in the nursery before the baby came and then used it as a night light after the baby came. The baby slept like a champ with the little noises the tank made. When the next came they did the same. Sounded good to me
Carol

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Actually what a great idea Butterfly. I had a toy in my son's crib that you filled with water and it had 2 little plastic fish that would swim through while light shined up through the water at the ceiling and make wave sounds. He was absolutely mesmerized by the thing every night. I can only imagine if it had been a real tank... though he might not have ever slept

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've read somewhere that the sound of water affects people positively and it's soothing. Maybe that's why babies fall asleep when they're next to a fish tank? It's very interesting, isn't it? Besides, as everyone who has a fish tank knows, just looking at a tank is so relaxing and soothing

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Isabella said:
Very cool! Welcome to Fish Lore Tan.b is a great member and we're glad to have you with us too!
thanks isabella!

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well thats me convinced! def getting some small tanks with a betta for my kids rooms!!...and mine! found space now for at least 3 more tanks!!! wa-hay!!! ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Way to go Tan!! I knew you could find roo just make sure the tanks are high enough that the kids can't reach them (yes I know you know this )
Carol

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yea, we find our tanks soothing.. if only we had more room in the bedroom we could be soothed more. tan - look at the example you're setting for your kids. good job!

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
they've got small wardrobes (they cant reach the top, but they can see the top) which the tv's are on...could go on there and the tv go on a bracket on the wall...all planned! just need to convince the hubby!! 3 against 1...we'll win!
now where else can i put some tanks?..............

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom