I'm suffering! Edited w/new photos!

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello. My name is Ken and I'm an aquarist suffering with Multiple Tank Syndrome (MTS). I admit I was weak and gave into temptation. When the tank below jumped into my cart (like it did last weekend) I just couldn't find the strength to fight it off as I have previously. :whistling: I know I'll have your support to get me through this so that it doesn't happen again. :no2:

This is my new book shelf tank 6.6g. It's going to house a male Betta rescued from Petco. I have tons of filter media to seed the tank for an instant cycle and I'll add the Betta right away. (keeping my eye on my chemistry readings of course) I'll set it up over the next day or two and then I'll go to Petco and walk back and forth in front of the multitude of cup Bettas and see which one selects me to be his Daddy. :'( (Friday or Saturday).

Thanks for understanding. I'll try not to have any more weak moments (for now) :giggle:please don't whip me, beat me or make me write bad checks! The little sign in the photo says "I Prefer To Live Alone". teehee
    Ken

Attached Files:

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:nono:I'd yell at you Ken, but I know you're gonna get plenty of 'tude from Your New Betta!!! ;D

:;wv:clapping::party0001:

:;bananasplit Can't wait to see who picks you out!

Are you rescuing a cup baby or getting one from a breeder?

*love the sign, btw*

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

lol Thanks Ilovee. I'm going to rescue one from a PetCo cup. One of these days (in warmer weather) I'd love to have one of MM's babies. :)
    Ken

4. click Well Known Member Member

Aww Ken, I'm with you. If you know how hard I try to stay away from buying my second tank. I know that if I buy my second, then a 3rd will follow, and a 4th and so on. Thank God I don't have any spare money cos it would be 10 times harder to pass on good deals I see online.

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

SWEET! You've been bitten by the betta bug. That's awesome! I can't wait to see the lucky baby betta that picks you out. The way you treat your fish, I'll be amazed if every fish in the store doesn't beg you to take them home.:;group

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

you are so very nawty!!!!!!!! and your grounded!!!!! now send that all to NH !!!!!!!!! :pokey::;laughing

cant wait to see which nawty kid joins your harem!!!!

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:party0011: I knew it would happen sooner or later! I can't wait to see the lucky betta that comes home with you.

8. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That's great news Ken! If I hadn't already had my 5.5 gallon sitting around, I would have bought the desktop aquarium myself. Have you thought about trying low light plants with your betta? If I'm not mistaken, you have a 15W flourescent strip included in your kit- perfect for anubias, java ferns, crypts, Marimo ball, etc. Bettas love plants! :D

I'd also like to have one of MM's babies, but understand your reservations about shipping in cold weather for sure. Petco does have some pretty bettas in the little cups, that's where I got my halfmoon Cowboy.

Good luck with the new setup! :)

9. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

What?? Did I read that correctly? A Betta? Ken?
    So looks like the bettaphiles have won!!!
    Sure I got weak and caved....but...but I thought........

10. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the comments! They're all greatly appreciated.

I have live plants in my 26g tank, anubia, java moss, floating moss balls and marimo balls. I'm going to start out with a few silk plants in the 6.6 for a few months. I bought some that have large leaves so he'll have places to rest. I'd like to have some good fertilizer (fish made) in the substrate before I add live plants. I really think that has helped my live plants in my 26g, adding them after the tank has been established for a couple of months. I don't do anything special for my 26g plants and they're all doing great :) much to my surprise. I hope to find some java fern and give that a try and more anubia and a marimo ball.
    I'll post more photos as I get it set up :)
    Thanks again!
    Ken

11. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Congratz on getting a Betta soon! I've been thinking about it myself but not until Spring. ;D

12. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Ahhh Ken, you've finally been bit by the betta bug :p How exciting! I knew it would happen sooner or later. I'm looking forward to meeting your new boy! Its always great to rescue a cup betta :)

13. Shadowbeam Member Member

Awwwww congrats and what a lucky boy you will have too!
    Can't wait to see pictures!
    Starting to think I'm the only one here without a betta....

14. lorabell Well Known Member Member

LOL..LOL...LOL.... oh my goodness!!!!!!! I about fell off of my chair!!!!!!! Ken u never cease to amaze me!!!!!!!!!!! U r just to precious!!!!!!!!.....I can not wait to see who picks u!!!!!! I am VERY glad the betta bug bit u!!!!!!! I love all the stuff u picked out...I have the same filter with patriot...its the bomb!!!!!!!!!!:;wv:;wv:;wv:;wv

betta...

15. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

LOL Congratulations on the new tank!

It's the same type that jumped into my cart at Petco the Saturday after Thanksgiving. As of yesterday it is housing a new betta boy. Apparently he told my son his name is Louie.

16. Borisbbadd Guest

I don't even know what to say..........:;laughing:;laughing:;laughing

17. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I cant wait to see your new betta.................BTW I am looking for one also.

18. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Yay! :;wv Finally, Ken's getting a betta! haha Can't wait for your new betta boy to arrive, hopefully it'll be like 'love at first sight' when you see him :) Best of luck, Ken! :;hf

19. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited and really looking forward to the new addition to my fish family. As you can see the tank will be right beside my chair. Too, the new boy will be able to gaze into the 265g tank as it will be right in front of him. I hope the new boy doesn't flare at my sweet, precious :whistling:Bloody Parrots and frighten them!:giggle:

I have to decorate my 2nd Christmas Tree today so I'll probably take care of tank business tomorrow. I can't wait! :)
    Ken

20. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

In the 3rd pic, is that an empty tank I see to the left? :;sh