im such a beginner and still need help

1. Maddison Initiate Member

so i was just wondering, is it ok to change the arrangement of the plants in your tank while the fish our in there? because i wouldn't want to disturb them and once i put my hand in to change the pump and they kept going near my hand, so they won't bite or attack me will they? sorry if this is a stupid question? :-\

2. dano569 Member Member

what kind of fish do you have?it should be ok to change the decorations with the fish in there,actually you should not take the fish out for anything if you can avoid it. ;)

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Some fish will bite, but most will just peck and it won't hurt. Unless you have 6 inch long fish or piranhas, I wouldn't worry about it. Many folks hand feed their fish! As far as the plants go, it should be okay to rearrange your plants while the fish are in there. ;)

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I plant, re-arrange, trim my plants all the time and the fish love it (they think I'm going to feed them ;) ) I rinse my hands in warm water before putting them into my tanks just to make sure I don't have any soap, lotion or anything else on them other wise I do whatever I need to in the tank. Hope that helps
    Carol