I'm stuck

1. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

I cannot decide what to get! I've been wanting an AGRESSIVE cichlid for a while. Something with lots of personality. Okay so I have two choices so far. One is a Thai Silk Flowerhorn. Another is a 'Super' Dragon Flowerhorn. Two actions have caught my eye and I'll link them below. Basically I want your opinon on what to get, if I should get it, or if I'm just plain crazy haha. A third option is to get an EBJD but I'm not quite sure about that as of yet.

'Super' Dragon

Thai Silk

Thanks!
    Jonathan

2. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

TBH, i like that Thai silk, it looks like quite the beauty. Then again, a EBJD is an awesome fish, i catch them out back.

3. Legures

Legures Valued Member Member

I like the Super Dragon better due to the bright red color they have. The Thai Silk looks wonderful too.

4. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

You.....you catch them!?!?! Catch one and send me some pictures!!
    True. And there are more for a better price. But I've never owned Thai Silk so I was kinda curious what it would be like. Course I suppose owning any FH would be the same other than color and personality.

5. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

better yet catch me an EBJD and send it to me!

6. soltarianknight

Lol, i dont have any bait or rods right now and i havnt been fishing since i turned 16, need to get my permit. BUT ill see what i can do in the up coming weeks, i promise if i get any pics you'll be the first to know :p. Its never crossed my mind to take a pic of one.....-_-''

7. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

No! I call dibs first LOL. Just kidding ;D. I suppose I could share, maybe.

Please!!!! LOL I might just skip buying one from Aquabid and get it from you. ;D

8. soltarianknight

I think thatd be illegal :p. Something about shipping invasive species sounds off to me XP.

9. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

Who'd ever know lol. I don't think it is illegal unless I release into the wild here.

10. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

i dont think one can survive in tn :)

11. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

Or IN :;laughing

12. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

I like the Super myself, until you mentioned the EBJD, i think i would have to go with the EBJD.

13. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

Been in contact with both sellers. Thai Silk, although the SRD is more popular, is more likely to win. The seller just sent me a picture of the parents and here is the sire!!

Tit Flowerhorn.jpg (Credit to Samson Young)

14. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

I always thought a Red Devil was super aggressive with plenty of personality. But it's hard to find a pure strain.

15. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

Red Devils are usually pretty aggressive but they are also common. And I've kept them for nearly a decade so I want to venture away from them haha.

16. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

The Thai Silk's got my vote!

17. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

That is a gorgeous blue for the Thai Silk, I do have to admit. Usually I abhor light blue, but that fish is striking.

I thought Red Devil/Flowerhorn hybrids were more common than pure Red Devils were?

18. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

I think the blue is just from the lighting but I agree it does look nice. I'm guessing he is also a teal-sea green like the little one I'm probably going to buy.

Well technically Flowerhorns are already 'extreme' hybrids so you can't really hybridize them anymore than they really are. It is believed that there is Midas blood in Flowerhorns but no one really knows how they were created. But usually Red Devils are pretty easy to find. Especially online. You just need to know where to look.

19. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah def that one...

Besides think of how close you could travel for the other soon?

20. OP
    OP
    RogueAgent94

I'm confused by your question.... lol. The guy that is selling the Thaisilk said $39 for the fish shipped.