Im Sory Help Please

Bettacare

Reaction score
Basically I have four comet goldfish in a ten gallon aqaurium if there growth is tainted, the smallest has gotten a lot bigger, than can they become instantes is it a permanent thing and can they still live a long and happy life once in a pond

kayla.s

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They may not grow out to their full potential then, but if they are moved to a pond ASAP they should still be able to live long happy lives. Longer and happier than in the 10g definitely

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oooo. I would get them in a larger aquarium ASAP. I’m more concerned about water quality than I am about the size of the tank stunting their growth necessarily. Goldfish are massive waste producers and I don’t see you being able to cycle a 10 gallon with 4 goldfish in it because the beneficial bacteria can’t convert that much ammonia into nitrites and nitrates.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
If it's only been 3-4 months they likely aren't stunted quite yet, they may just grow slower. However, they will have some damage from ammonia or nitrite unless you've been doing daily 50% water changes. Honestly though, you have still provided much better conditions than most get.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom