Help I'm Scared That My Betta Isn't Getting The Food He Needs

teakwandolover234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 29 gallon aquarium, it has 4 harliqaiun rasboras and 7 zebra danios and 1 hellboy betta. My betta named pete, doesn't allways get to the food because my other fish are very energetic and really go after the food I have tried to feed him at another part of the day but it didn't really work. He allways looks hungry. Anything else I could try to do??

Heron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you have a mixture of surface feeders and mid water feeders ( like some Bettas ) then you need a food that sinks reasonably quickly otherwise the surface feeders will eat it all first. If you are feeding flake it tends to sit on the surface. Ask at your local shop for a food more suited for bettas or feed more food so some gets down to mid water.

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Put the food near the output of the filter to spread it around. Feed him directly with tweezers or a pipette. Attract the fish with food to one side and feed him on the opposite side.

Ben199131837575

Reaction score
I actually had the same problem. I have some platys with my betta and they bomb around eating everything. I first did what repolie suggested and it worked, but I later found an accidental solution. I added some floating plants to my tank (frog bit for me). I dropped the food between the plants and the platys could not see it easily and had to "hunt" for it giving my betta plenty of time to find it for himself. Also, like heron mention, some slow sink food is also pretty good. I added some "crisps" (alternative to flake food) that sink slowly and are also harder for the plays to gobble it up.

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 58 64.4%

Top Bottom