I'm really liking the looks of this tank.

PAcanis

I love the sparsely planted green grass and the dead grass above. I'm not sure what he used for that dead grass look... looks like packing material I have received, lol. Maybe it's just a well aged tank.
And the stocking :) Jealous of your Checkerboard MacZ

PlantedCommunityTank132

Sheesh. Looks pretty sick

MacZ

Funnily enough I saw that vid during my research for my pencilfish and found it again a week ago while rsearching for checkerboards. :D

The tank is well seasoned, yes.

PAcanis

Yeah, the two fish I can't find for sale here :(

MacZ

I doubt you will be able to avoid shipping.

A201

A true black water tank can certainly make an awsome display.
The potential to keep rarely seen fish is very appealing.
Unfortunately the water throughout my state is extremely hard due to the vast abundance of limestone deposits.
The best I can do is create a faux black water tank, using a big chunk of Mopani.
Although I successfully keep many varieties of traditionally soft water species in my tanks, I'm sure their coloration & breeding propensity would be greatly increased if kept in a black water situation.

MacZ

Remembering your readings loosely, I'd agree RO is no option for you.
You'd have to replace the membrane 1-2x a year.

PAcanis

I doubt you will be able to avoid shipping.

I'd gladly pay shipping if I could find them online here.
Like I said in another thread, I don't know if the shortages/out of stock is common, a result of other shortages due to the covid thing, seasonal... I'm at a loss.

TClare

I'd gladly pay shipping if I could find them online here.
Like I said in another thread, I don't know if the shortages/out of stock is common, a result of other shortages due to the covid thing, seasonal... I'm at a loss.
Would it be possible to find and contact any breeders in your area that might have fry for sale?Might be a long shot. I guess the alternative is just waiting and keep checking the suppliers' lists .

PAcanis

Would it be possible to find and contact any breeders in your area that might have fry for sale?Might be a long shot. I guess the alternative is just waiting and keep checking the suppliers' lists .

If they aren't selling on Ebay, I'm not sure how I would locate local breeders. Google did not pull anything up, just the local stores.
But I'm game to try anything. I must have registered my email at half a dozen online stores that offer this feature for notifying when in stock.

TClare

If they aren't selling on Ebay, I'm not sure how I would locate local breeders. Google did not pull anything up, just the local stores.
But I'm game to try anything. I must have registered my email at half a dozen online stores that offer this feature for notifying when in stock.
There are some facebook groups dedicated to dwarf cichlids for example, some are worldwide, some maybe more local. It might be worth asking on these?

PAcanis

I gotta draw the line somewhere.
And FB is it, lol.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
F1shl0r3
Replies