I'm planing on getting a pond but is flex seal safe

Marijn Lange

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Depends on the product that you are going to use. I took a look at their Flex Seal paste and they said "Flex Paste has not been tested for safe use on potable water sources or around plants and animals". I suggest using a sealend that is manufactured and rated for fish pond use. Better safe then sorry.

Otherwise look up the Flex Seal product that you want to use on their website and see if it is fish safe.

KenedeeRenee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I will say that flex seal smells awful when you spray it like 10x the chemical smell of spray paint. But, I looked into it when I needed something to seal the gap between my waterfall spillway and the intake tube from the filter on my pond and it says non-hazardous to plants and animals, so I gave it a shot and it sealed and I didn't have any losses in my stock, so I'm not going to say your going to have the same results if you use it to make your pond liner just as a disclaimer, but from personal experience in a small part of my pond that I used it, it worked. Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product if you decide to do it!

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
Africandwarffrogfan said:
but other people use it
Other people use drugs and jump off bridges too so what’s your point.

First what’s your plan and why do you feel you need flex seal? If its to bond two sizes of pond liner together it likely won’t hold.

Marijn Lange

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You keep defending yourself when people advice you not to use it. Why bother asking if u already know u are going to use it? If u wanne use it then go ahead.

beacase what other thing can I use

and it turns into plastic
Just google something like "fish safe sealend".

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
beacase what other thing can I use

and it turns into plastic
What are you trying to do with the flex seal. I know you want to use it in a pond but for what part of it? If it’s in a waterfall there is waterfall foam, to join two pond liners together there is steaming tape and liquid EPDM.

just saying I want to use flex seal and others have and what else can I use tells us nothing other than you’re trying to be difficult. People are just trying to help but with more info we can’t.

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
for the water fall and the pond
Seriously? That is not any additional information. People are taking their time to try to help you and you’re giving nothing back. No information.
What I mean is be specific about where and how you want to use it.
Are you talking about digging a hole and spraying the ground with flex seal for the pond and water fall?
They make flexible pond liners for that.
Check our Webb’s online for paint supplies, get a plan, and ask specific questions so people can help.

What looks nice? Nothing there.

New Threads