I'm Not Too Sure What Kind Of Betta This Is And If It Is Male Or Female.

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by DarkDC400, Apr 12, 2017.

1. D

DarkDC400 New Member Member

Someone brought them in and didn't know anything about them. I know the vase is kinda small but will get a bigger area soon. [​IMG]

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!
    Do u think you can get a pic so we/I can look at the ventral fins (find on bottom of body near head). Try offering some food and snapping the pic when he/she swims up

3. Neptune334

Neptune334 Valued Member Member

This looks like a juvenile betta or a small female. Maybe someone more experienced can chime in, but I would wait a couple of months to see if it matures to make gender and tail type more clear. A better, less blurry, picture would also help. When upgrading the tank, make sure that it is at least 2.5 gallons with a filter and heater. Read up about the nitrogen cycle, it will prevent issues in the future. Use silk plants and other soft decorations. I would love to see more pictures and the new tank (when you get it)!

4. peppy210

peppy210 Valued Member Member

If it is a female, it is most likely a veiltail female, but it also looks like a juvenile betta.
    If your betta is a mature female, it will have an egg spot- a tiny white dot between the ventral fins at the bottom of the body.
    When a betta is young, it is actually difficult to sex it. Some males even have a fake egg spot when it is young.
    The picture you provided is kind of blurry so I can't see a lot of detail.
    And yes, make sure the upgraded tank is at least 2.5 gallons, is cycled (Nitrogen Cycle), has a filter and heater :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice