I'm Not Too Sure What Kind Of Betta This Is And If It Is Male Or Female.

DarkDC400

Reaction score
Someone brought them in and didn't know anything about them. I know the vase is kinda small but will get a bigger area soon.
dd20f3fd5f4356985673b86cdb680474.jpg

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!
Do u think you can get a pic so we/I can look at the ventral fins (find on bottom of body near head). Try offering some food and snapping the pic when he/she swims up

Neptune334

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This looks like a juvenile betta or a small female. Maybe someone more experienced can chime in, but I would wait a couple of months to see if it matures to make gender and tail type more clear. A better, less blurry, picture would also help. When upgrading the tank, make sure that it is at least 2.5 gallons with a filter and heater. Read up about the nitrogen cycle, it will prevent issues in the future. Use silk plants and other soft decorations. I would love to see more pictures and the new tank (when you get it)!

peppy210

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If it is a female, it is most likely a veiltail female, but it also looks like a juvenile betta.
If your betta is a mature female, it will have an egg spot- a tiny white dot between the ventral fins at the bottom of the body.
When a betta is young, it is actually difficult to sex it. Some males even have a fake egg spot when it is young.
The picture you provided is kind of blurry so I can't see a lot of detail.
And yes, make sure the upgraded tank is at least 2.5 gallons, is cycled (Nitrogen Cycle), has a filter and heater

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom