im not sure about some stuff...

1. Shireen Initiate Member

how often do you change the water and how much of it do you change? and how many times a day should they be fed? (i feed them worms, they dont seem to eat dried food. is that normal?)

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi welcome to FishLore :)
    I don't see a ebtta listed in your aquarium info. How big is the tank? Does it have a heater? Filter? Is it cycled? Any tank mates? If so what kind and how many?
    Sorry for all the questions, the answers will help answer your question more accuratly.

This might help:
    Welcome and Betta Care Guide - Please Read First!!!

3. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I feed mine once a day and they can be fussy, so I wouldn't worry if they turn their little noses up at things! I know others can feed them twice a day, others give them a fast day once a week. It's really down to you.
    Lucy is right, we need all the info we can get, you get the best answers that way (I speak from experience, the guys here are great!)

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I change the water once a week also.small changes though as bettas arent huge waste producers.....i feed mine 2-3 times a day with frozen thawed bloodworms/baby brine shrimp/ spirulina

5. whisper Well Known Member Member

I have found that Betta's are not big on dried foods. I feed mine once a day unless they are babies then they get fed small meals three to four times a day. I do 100% water changes two to three times a week. I believe the water should be kept pristine at all times to avoiid fin rot and other sickness.

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

background from other threads: she had gouramis, mollys, and a goldfish in her 8 gallon. then when she wasn't home, someone put 2 bettas in her tank. she gave the gouramis away to someone else and got the bettas out of the tank into their own homes. I'm not sure what kind of homes they got.

7. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

OMG. That sounds like a nightmare! :eek:

8. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

On our bettas, we do about a 40% water change once a week. We feed them in the morning and evening.

9. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

It is normal for some bettas to be fussy about what they eat, often they aren't fond of pellets or dried food, they have the hunters instinct, they prefer meat! :) They also eat mosquitos if you have them there. Maybe one kind of food in the morning and another in the evening?
    If you do not have a filter, change the water every few days.

10. Shireen Initiate Member

plenty of mosquitoes here, no problem with THAT!

11. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Well then you're set! Just swat one and drop it in. Mozzie buffet for fighters! LOL. :)