I''m new!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Misskate2016, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Misskate2016New MemberMember

Hi all!
    I'm kate!
    I have 2 goldfish happily living in a 30 gal. aquarium but will soon be upgrading to a 75 gal. aquarium once I can clean up some stuff and make room for it on the wall!
    I'm the mother to a beautiful baby boy named Noah Jay!
    I look forward to meeting you all on here and getting advice on how to care for my 2 lil goldfish!!

2. Plecomaker

PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Welcome!

3. Protim Sarkar

Protim SarkarWell Known MemberMember

Goldfish tanks should be set up like freshwater tropical tanks, with a layer of medium-sized substrate on the bottom. Rocks and woodwork to provide hiding and resting places are a must, as is a tight-fitting glass lid and a fluorescent light. While a heater is not necessary for temperate species like goldfish, I like to include one and keep it set on a lower setting to help prevent temperature fluctuations. Cooler temperatures are okay for goldfish, but rapid changes in water temperature of more than several degrees in a twenty-four-hour period can be very stressful for all fish.
    Plants are always a great addition to any tank, but goldfish are notoriously hard on them. If you choose a tough species of plant such as Java Fern, and provide at least one watt of light per gallon of water, you may be successful. Because goldfish love to eat plants, providing bunch plants like Cabomba from time to time will give them something to graze on and they might leave your Java Fern alone.

Also, Welcome to Fishlore !

4. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Welcome glad to see your here!

5. ShaunBrowne

ShaunBrowneValued MemberMember

Hello I'm also new, 2 days old and gotten great advice so far!

6. Plecomaker

PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Duckweed can be a popular snack too and if you if you know people its either cheap or free.

7. Imtryingmybest

ImtryingmybestValued MemberMember

Plus, if you buy it once, you'll never have to buy it again!

8. fisharegreat8962

fisharegreat8962Valued MemberMember

Welcome to the forum!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice