I'm New To This Awesome Forum

Jnettie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi all!
I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks and finally joined a few days ago or so. I can't believe the incredible knowledge base here and all of the great questions people ask.
Years ago I kept many freshwater aquariums but eventually gave up the hobby. A few years ago my son took an interest and I've just been enjoying his aquariums. But he decided it was time for me to start again and bought me a 36 gallon bow front. Shortly after he gave it to me I broke my leg and have not been able to set it up. But while I was dreaming of what I wanted to do I ran across pictures of aquascapes. So I have decided to try my hand at it. I have been reading as much as I could on it and have decided to get my equipment ready for when I can set up the tank. I already have an eheim filter and my aquasoil substrate. But I really need advice on the best co2 equipment. Also need to know the order of my setup. And I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I go.
I'm just so happy to have found a place I can find the answers. I look forward to meeting and chatting!
Jeanette

Ohio Mark

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome aboard!

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi Jnettie welcome to Fishlore and I've found the forum and members great since joining and I hope you do to

Jnettie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Tez said:
Hi Jnettie welcome to Fishlore and I've found the forum and members great since joining and I hope you do to
Thanks Tez! I'm learning to navigate the forum, looking for the best place to post my questions. It's fun but I just keep finding such interesting things to read I haven't actually posted any of my questions yet.

Jnettie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi there! I hope you find a lot of good info here on Fishlore!

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jnettie said:
Thanks Tez! I'm learning to navigate the forum, looking for the best place to post my questions. It's fun but I just keep finding such interesting things to read I haven't actually posted any of my questions yet.
Hi Jnettie it won't be long before you post ...when I joined I didn't know they did pets or gardening, mainly viewed the fish sections

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask them!

faithless1

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Jnettie said:
But I really need advice on the best co2 equipment. Also need to know the order of my setup.
Jeanette

Welcome and to answer your question:
IMO get a CO2 reactor on the outlet of the Eheim.. I went and bought for my setup here and it was a substantial marked improvement for my plants with the required lighting over a ceramic diffuser even with my overflow sump trickle filter. I use a 3x3litre soda bottle yeast-sugar co2 system with and a bubble counter on top.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Jnettie hello and salutations! Notice when I write your name it shows up blue. Now, you just got an alert saying something along the lines of "Canaculus mentioned you in a post" . If you click @ and start to write someone's name in a post then a little list will pop up and as you write the person's name it should show up. Click it and it will alert them.
You try !

P.S. this confused me for a looooong time.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello and welcome!

blue velvet keeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
welcome

Samanthaljay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
welcome! I was also a long time lurker, I think that is how a lot of us are actually before we join LOL

Swlws

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to Fishlore. Legs right? always breaking at the worst times! I hope its healing and I look forward to seeing your progress with your tank as it goes up.

jonnyroton

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jnettie said:
So true. It’s like a black hole lol I start reading one topic and next thing you know I have spent over an hour reading all the different topics. Welcome.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!!!

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
jonnyroton said:
So true. It’s like a black hole lol I start reading one topic and next thing you know I have spent over an hour reading all the different topics. Welcome.
Maybe it's SUPPOSED to be that way...

jonnyroton

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Canaculus said:
Maybe it's SUPPOSED to be that way...
Yes but not always a good thing when I’m at work

SeanyBaggs123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome!

Bacalaotropic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome. .I'm sure you're gonna love it here . When you start t talk to Lorers like Mike, Lucy, Dawn Michelle , Godfather,MCasella and bunch of others it's gonna be a trip!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom