I’m new here

Motherlovebetta
Hello,

I’m new to the site and almost two months into my first tank. I am loving the fish and reading/YouTubing all kinds of information (driving my husband and probably the fish store nuts). I have a 20 gallon high with some bio gravel, driftwood, aquaclear 50, heater, and a few live plants and decorations for hiding. I have one male crown tail betta, 5 albino cories, golden white cloud minnows and a nerite snail. Look forward to reading and interacting with everyone!

Betta mom

JLAquatics
Welcome to Fishlore! We would love to see those tanks of yours. There is no such thing as driving us nuts with fish here on Fishlore!

LHAquatics
Welcome to fishlore, it feels really nice to have your personal questions answered personally. Hope you enjoy it here! :D

Motherlovebetta
JLAquatics said:
Welcome to Fishlore! We would love to see those tanks of yours. There is no such thing as driving us nuts with fish here on Fishlore!

JLAquatics
Looks great! I love that wood you got in there!

Betta'sAnonymous
Welcome!

Motherlovebetta
JLAquatics said:
Looks great! I love that wood you got in there!
Thanks I just added it today. Trying to bring my ph down some!

LHAquatics
I have a couple of questions? is that java fern in the substrate? Also, is that betta always on the lower level? WHat is the temperature of the tank?

StinkyLoaf
Welcome to Fishlore! :happy:

The tank is looking good for sure! Everything contrasts one another almost perfectly.

Demonskid
Welcome to fishlore, and that is a beautiful tank scape you have going there! The fish look happy.

alven
Welcome to Fishlore! :) And may I say, that is such a beautiful tank!! I love the aesthetic and how everything contrasts with the black gravel. Very well done! :D

Jennmariexoxo
I love the pink unicorn! Welcome!

Motherlovebetta
Cory04 said:
I have a couple of questions? is that java fern in the substrate? Also, is that betta always on the lower level? WHat is the temperature of the tank?
Hello! The Java fern is not in the substrate it’s just resting on top. The temperature is 78-80 and he has been on the lower level a bit more lately. I was thinking the lighting was too bright or the water flow was too high so I turned the light down, bought some more plants and baffled the filter waterfall with foam. He’s been down there again since I brought the cats home two days ago I think he is after their sinking pellets?
Jennmariexoxo said:
I love the pink unicorn! Welcome!
thanks my 4 year old had to have it!! That and the neon gravel which I have been slowly picking out one by one

LHAquatics
Motherlovebetta said:
Hello! The Java fern is not in the substrate it’s just resting on top. The temperature is 78-80 and he has been on the lower level a bit more lately. I was thinking the lighting was too bright or the water flow was too high so I turned the light down, bought some more plants and baffled the filter waterfall with foam. He’s been down there again since I brought the cats home two days ago I think he is after their sinking pellets?
all sounds good. Are the minnows doing good because I think that is a high temperature for them. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong :D

Motherlovebetta
Cory04 said:
all sounds good. Are the minnows doing good because I think that is a high temperature for them. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong :D
Yes, I’ve had them for about 3 weeks and they seem perfectly happy. The fish store recommended them as a good tank mate for the betta so I bought them on impulse (shame on me) then after reading about them saw they are cold water fish I am working on moving them to a 10 gallon I have and just getting a few more and letting them be. The store told me after I called and asked that it will really just speed up their metabolism. I dont know? I was kind of worried about my betta last night he was very bloated after over indulging with the cories sinking pellets and was really hanging out at the bottom of the tank but noticed that the minnows did the same thing.....they all seem to have thinned out a bit this morning though and are eating so I’m assuming they just were bloated?

LHAquatics
I usually feed my corydoras one pellet in the morning and one in the night. I only have 3 because my tank is just newly set up. I feed them the image sinking pellets.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom