75 Gallon Tank I’m Needing Some Antibiotic Advice Please!

Souperkooper

My goldy has a weird patch on his gill, see this thread for more on that. I’m putting this in a separate thread because I’m not positive that it’s related to the patch on his gill, it very well could be a secondary infection and I want to make sure I’m treating both issues.

This morning I woke up to a red patch on his tail. I’m fairly certain that whatever I’m dealing with is bacterial, but I’ve never had a bacterial problem like this before and I’m struggling to come up with what the best solution is. I’ve only ever had bacterial issues with my guppies, and they’ve bounced back after a Melafix treatment. Jack is several times larger than my guppies ever were, and I think his treatment will differ due to his sheer size.

My biggest issue is that I can’t put him in an isolation tank. we’re moving, so I took down my hospital tank set up, and he’s exceptionally large (11in nose to tail), so putting him in a 29 gallon for any reason seems cruel.
My current idea is salt and malachite green baths and treat the tank with Melafix.
I have plants, invertebrates, and corys, so I’m nervous to do anything that will affect the hardness of my water, and copper solutions aren’t feasible
What other solutions do you have for solving bacterial infections?

A201

Look at "Microbe Lift Artemiss". It's a botanical w/ antibiotic properties. It's said to be safe for plants and invertebrates. Petco sells it.
Hope things get better soon.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
HarimG
  • Question
Replies
Views
Frisbee
  • Question
Replies
Views