I'm looking to upgrade Skimmers

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was thinking about going with one of these two, because I read good things about the reef octopus brand.

or I saw this one and I didnt know anything about it so I thought I'd ask on here

My tank is 125 with around 130 lbs of live rock and some corals and all reef safe fish.....

update n edit 4/28/09... her is the one im thinking of getting...

Last edited:

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HELP MEEEEEEE lol I only typed this to put me back to the top of the list because I need the attention lol

nemo addict

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
reef octopus skimmers can become very brittle and break ,,, tunze are good but i would rather have a deltec mce600 or a apf600 ,,,,

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
reef octopus skimmers can become very brittle and break ,,, tunze are good but i would rather have a deltec mce600 or a apf600 ,,,,
they are expensive and it says they are only good to 165 and a review I read says up to 90 they would be great.... not sure any other ideas?

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ok I think this is the one I'm getting..... any thoughts?

ATP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Really? I've never heard anything bad about reef octopus. The one know thats very brittle is coralife skimmers.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Really? I've never heard anything bad about reef octopus. The one know thats very brittle is coralife skimmers.
me either i think that last one is what im getting

nemo addict

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
they are expensive and it says they are only good to 165 and a review I read says up to 90 they would be great.... not sure any other ideas?
the mce is good for 100 gal heavey stocked and the apf is 200 gal heavy stocked ,,i have a apf and its on my 120 uk gal and above is uk gallons which works out more then us gallons ,,,

i have had other skimmers (about 8) and have found these the best others i have had to modify or add a air pump to ,,

nemo addict

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ok I think this is the one I'm getting..... any thoughts?
This is designed around the zeovite kz revolution skimmer and are pretty good but not as good as the zeovite ,,, but that is reflected in the price,, as zeovites are about £600 about $800

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is designed around the zeovite kz revolution skimmer and are pretty good but not as good as the zeovite ,,, but that is reflected in the price,, as zeovites are about £600 about $800
thanks

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well as I went to order the skimmer I picked out I realized that I don't have enough room behind my aquarium so the gentleman that I spoke with at REEF WAREHOUSE was very helpful in helping me pick out one that was big enough and would fit, in the end it was 40.00 cheaper and my money was refunded within the hour.... EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE A++++

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
this is the one, not what I wanted but hopefully it works

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom