I'm looking to upgrade Skimmers

Morgan111

Member
I was thinking about going with one of these two, because I read good things about the reef octopus brand.





or I saw this one and I didnt know anything about it so I thought I'd ask on here



My tank is 125 with around 130 lbs of live rock and some corals and all reef safe fish.....

update n edit 4/28/09... her is the one I'm thinking of getting...
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
HELP MEEEEEEE lol I only typed this to put me back to the top of the list because I need the attention lol
 

nemo addict

Member
reef octopus skimmers can become very brittle and break ,,, tunze are good but I would rather have a deltec mce600 or a apf600 ,,,,
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
nemo addict said:
reef octopus skimmers can become very brittle and break ,,, tunze are good but I would rather have a deltec mce600 or a apf600 ,,,,
they are expensive and it says they are only good to 165 and a review I read says up to 90 they would be great.... not sure any other ideas?
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
I think I'm going to try one of the octopus'
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
ok I think this is the one I'm getting..... any thoughts?
 

ATP

Member
nemo addict said:
reef octopus skimmers can become very brittle and break ,,, tunze are good but I would rather have a deltec mce600 or a apf600 ,,,,
Really? I've never heard anything bad about reef octopus. The one know that's very brittle is coralife skimmers.
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
ATP said:
Really? I've never heard anything bad about reef octopus. The one know that's very brittle is coralife skimmers.
me either I think that last one is what I'm getting
 

nemo addict

Member
Morgan111 said:
they are expensive and it says they are only good to 165 and a review I read says up to 90 they would be great.... not sure any other ideas?
the mce is good for 100 gal heavey stocked and the apf is 200 gal heavy stocked ,,I have a apf and its on my 120 uk gal and above is uk gallons which works out more then us gallons ,,,

I have had other skimmers (about 8) and have found these the best others I have had to modify or add a air pump to ,,
 

nemo addict

Member
Morgan111 said:
ok I think this is the one I'm getting..... any thoughts?
This is designed around the zeovite kz revolution skimmer and are pretty good but not as good as the zeovite ,,, but that is reflected in the price,, as zeovites are about £600 about $800
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
nemo addict said:
This is designed around the zeovite kz revolution skimmer and are pretty good but not as good as the zeovite ,,, but that is reflected in the price,, as zeovites are about £600 about $800
thanks
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
Well as I went to order the skimmer I picked out I realized that I don't have enough room behind my aquarium so the gentleman that I spoke with at REEF WAREHOUSE was very helpful in helping me pick out one that was big enough and would fit, in the end it was 40.00 cheaper and my money was refunded within the hour.... EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE A++++
 

ATP

Member
What kind?
 
  • Thread Starter

Morgan111

Member
this is the one, not what I wanted but hopefully it works
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view



Top Bottom