I'm Looking For A Stand For A Roughly 83cm Tank?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by AaronThomas, May 12, 2019.

1. AaronThomas New Member Member

Hey

I'm looking for a cheap option for my roughly 83x34x36cm tank (about 27 gal). It's likely to have quite a few rocks etc in it so will be kinda heavy. Are solid wood tv stands with supports in the centre such as this:  
    Suffice?

Or should I look for a 3ft stand (cant find many online) or even put 2 smaller stands together underneath the tank?

Thanks!

2. Thibault Drake Valued Member Member

Don’t know if you would like this but what I’m doing for my tank is taking cinder blocks and two sheets of plywood to build the stand. I take one cinder block on each side and put one sheet of plywood on that. Then I take three more cinder blocks on each side and put a final sheet of plywood on the top.

3. AaronThomas New Member Member

Does sounds pretty cheap, but that won't really be suitable for me as I will be living in a rented apartment and I'm not sure how they'd feel about a makeshift stand haha. Thanks though.

4. Thibault Drake Valued Member Member

Yeah. That’s a good point.

5. sixtyfour Valued Member Member

That TV stand you posted looks good. I could find a weight limit. Your tank will be about 300 pounds. The wood will be fine, but you might want to reenforce the connections with brackets.