Im just wondering but is this guppy pregnant? (Just received in the mail)

Sleepyflea

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just received this lady in the mail today and put her with a blue tuxedo male to mate with.
She does not look pregnant at all yet right?
She has only been in the community tank for about 5 seconds before every male fish started going for her.
So i got her and the blue tuxedo male i wanted and put them in a seperate tank. The blue tuxedo male has been attempting to mate her, but im not sure if he has been successfull yet.
20200421_210405.jpg

OP
Sleepyflea

Sleepyflea

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AquaticQueen said:
Guppies are never not pregnant if they have been in the presence of males before.
This is known. I just recieved her from a supplier. He was only selling females and in the picture it looked like all females. But thoughts?

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sleepyflea said:
This is known. I just recieved her from a supplier. He was only selling females and in the picture it looked like all females. But thoughts?
Is she still a baby or still pretty young? Who knows if she has been around males at some point.
Sleepyflea said:
Also when should i separate the fry? I have about 50 32oz mason jars sitting standby with a sterilite tub and a heater.
My microworm colony and brine shrimp should be ready soon also.
ASAP. They will get eaten if left with the adults.

OP
Sleepyflea

Sleepyflea

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AquaticQueen said:
Is she still a baby or still pretty young? Who knows if she has been around males at some point.

ASAP. They will get eaten if left with the adults.
Well.. She is much bigger than all of my adult males. So id say she is teen/adult guppy lol.
Im just gonna go with the assumption i should prepare for some guppy fry in about a month.
Also, when i notice she is pregnant, like super pregnant, should i move the male to the community tank?

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sleepyflea said:
Well.. She is much bigger than all of my adult males. So id say she is teen/adult guppy lol.
Im just gonna go with the assumption i should prepare for some guppy fry in about a month.
Also, when i notice she is pregnant, like super pregnant, should i move the male to the community tank?
Yes, if you can.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom